Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How you do VE

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 05:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How you do VE

All the write ups I have seen say that to dial inthe VE you should disable your fuel trims, disconnect your MAF,and drive smoothly to get the best results. I have done this and it works great up to about 4k or 5k rpms. how do you get the WOT to go smooth? One write up said to start off from a stop. With an A4 there is no way I can do this without burning the tires.

So whats your trick in the WOT VE tune in the high g/cy?
Old 06-22-2007, 10:20 PM
FormerVendor

Best option is a good load dyno (try to find a Dyno Dynamics).

Next best might be a steep long hill although I never drive above the speed limit, so I wouldn't know anything about testing on the street.
Old 06-23-2007, 05:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope that you are using a wideband 02, without that it is tough to get an accurate read on the A/F mixture. That's what we are trying to solve here. At WOT the PE ratio is adding fuel. Also the OLFA (open loop fuel air) affects the PE. I set my OLFA to 0 on all rows. Then you can fine tune the PE to get the right A/F ratio at WOT.. This is the short answer to a long process, but may help to explain what is happening to your VE tune at WOT.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:08 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

EFI Live, Custom Operating System #5, Real Time Automated Calibration System, LC-1

This is money!