Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

e 85 and a ls1

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 07:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default e 85 and a ls1

im interested in doing this... has anyone used e 85 in a ls1 and if so what all is needed. Just a tune or what? i have a few friends running it in turbo cars and they love it.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am currently working at Siemens VDO in the product development and testing group. Let me tell you from experience, fuel injectors that were not designed to run E-85 do not like E-85. The alcohol is a coking accelerant, usually E-85 injectors have wicks or other things in place to aid in pulling the fuel away from the orifices. E-85 will also wear down the internals of an injector that was designed for pure gasoline. Now i will tell you that it would probably work for a while, but as for the long term effects, your injectors wont be happy. The rest of your fuel system i cannot really speak for, but knowing auto manufacturers, if they could save money and not have to pay $.40 more for an o-ring that handles E-85 they wont. I could be totally wrong in this because i don't know what injectors you are running, but if E-85 was not in their design, I doubt it will turn out well after a while.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look up RUNN on here, he has switched to E85 and has done a complete writeup on it and has been running quite well on it for some time on a mostly stock car.