PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

WTF??? What the hell is going on with my HPP???

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2003 | 07:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default WTF??? What the hell is going on with my HPP???

Here is the deal... I installed the HPP some time ago, I went to the dyno and the motor was hitting the rev limiter @ 5,800 rpm. I had set the limit @ 6,200 rpm, I reset it for 6,400 rpm (after the dyno testing). The motor was now shutting down @ approximately 6,400 rpm.... no worries right?? NOT!!! Tonight I took it up to 6,400 rpm in 3rd and the motor started to buck, I looked down and the SES light was on, I also caught the tach out of the corner of my eye, it had shut down under 6,000 rpm, to make sure I tested it again and sure enough it was cutting out @ approximately 5,800 rpm!!! I went home and checked the settings, they were as previously set so I reset the PCM and got rid of the SES light and reinstalled all the previous HPP settings, I have not run it again yet but I figure it will be running correctly agian until this dam thing does it again. This has happened once every 1,000 miles or so.....

Here are my questions...

1. Is it possible for the cars computer to try and set the revlimiter back to stock but screw something up in the process?

2. Could it be that the HPP is faulty?

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks Brian
Old 05-11-2003 | 05:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: WTF??? What the hell is going on with my HPP???

ttt