Old 07-18-2007, 09:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dyno tune vs street tune

any body want to sum this up alittle thanks
Old 07-19-2007, 01:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is the vehicle driving on its whole life......
Old 07-19-2007, 10:12 AM
TECH Resident

I plan on paying Jess (wait4me) a visit sometime this summer so he can street tune my car in person and fix what was not done right on the dyno-tune from <insert sponsor here>. I have been wanting to get to Indiana to have this done for a couple years now and hopefully this summer it will happen.

Jess, I am planning on taking a ride by you sometime in September. I will call you when I decide on what Saturday I will be driving down, like we talked about on the phone a few months ago.

Paul
Old 07-19-2007, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Shops use dyno so they dont have to go out and run 2nd and 3 gear on the steet and get a ticket. Also they can be fast, change a few tables and WOT is OK and thier done. I think you should only tune on the steet. Some will tell you that 100 MPH on the steet is not responsble.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unless it is on a load cell dyno, and the tuner actually calibrates all of the required tables, it is not worth it. A typical Dyno Tune is done with WOT only by butchering the PE or IFR tables. Compotent tuners will tune the VE and MAF fueling tables during steady state on a dyno, as well as the spark tables. This allows the tuner to precisely target each appropriate cell of the fuel table, without risking the authorities from asking comments. The plus about this kind of tuning is that you can see if you actually gained some power with the changes, once the tune is near completion and the car is behaving nicely. A street tune is the most ideal, as Jesse mentioned. And all Dyno Tunes should be verified on the street. The bad side about Street Tuning is, obviously the legal issue, when the tune is getting close to being finalized you will not know if the changes you are making are resulting in power improvements or decreases. This is where the dyno comes into play again. Best bet is to have the tune done on the street, then take the vehicle to a dyno and find where it makes the most power (fuel and timing wise), then verify the fueling/timing at the track.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

were could i get a dyno to fit my garage......... would love to have one..
like thinking about it pretty heavy.. $$$$$$$. ya i do my pulls out by my house
like 3/4 mile straight flat road, no trees just corn.. ive mad close to 75 pulls
out of the hole with 273 and 40 17s on back, i think its time to get a stall converter
for the stripper so i can bust that ten bolt to pieces, pion seal twice now and new
speedy sleeve and some tweaking . and she seams to hold , icant believe it..
Old 07-19-2007, 10:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 500 Likes on 350 Posts

My neighbor next door has a Mustang dyno that we tune on, but the tune is never finished until it hits the street. Getting the tune really close on the dyno does save a ton of fine money and jail time though.

Quick Reply: dyno tune vs street tune