PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throwing Code P1133--Just replaced o2 sensor plz help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 11:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throwing Code P1133--Just replaced o2 sensor plz help!

Hey guys, the other day my car threw a code that said the o2 sensor Bank 1 Sensor#1 wasn't working. I went to auto zone and bought a Bosch bank 1 o2 sensor. I was told that Bank 1 sensor#1 is on the driver's side closest to the head so I replaced that sensor. I got the code deleted and now it's throwing a new code..it looks like this

TROUBLESHOOTING P1133
OEM Brand:GENERAL_MOTORS

Definition
HO2S insufficient switching
Explanation
ECM has detected the switch ratio of rich to lean and lean to rich was below a determined number.

Probable Causes
1.-Failed HO2S-11- Heater Circuit
2.-Ho2S-11 signal shorted the ECM ground
3.-Improper oxygen supple to sensor- Check sensor connector and wires.

Now first of all, What is HO2S? My guess is that the problem is number 3 because it didnt throw that code with the other sensor. Would the problem be that I am running 2 different brands of 02 sensors? I went back to autozone and it was required to have 2 Bosch sensors for both banks and that they were universal, but it's another 80$ for another. If that is the problem, I'd just take back the Bosch sensor and get OEM. They also have Denso sensors that make 2 specific sensors for bank 1 and bank 2 that aren't universal, and i hear that is a good brand.

What do you guys think the problem is and what route should i take to get this problem fixed?

And I also did some research a couple minutes ago and people say that the Bosch sensors aren't that great of a choice.

Any help is appreciated..

Mods-
Pacesetters LT's
MS3 Cam
Y-pype with no cat's

Last edited by SSilver Bullet; 08-27-2007 at 11:39 PM.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:03 PM
Staging Lane

https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/583508-i-called-bosch-tech-re-slow-oxygen-sensors.html
H02S = Dealer speak for Heated 02 sensor.
Ford uses the same abbreviation.
And NEVER buy what the guy at the parts store's tell you to buy.
Take the code to someone knowledgable and ask them to diagnose it.
A code doesn't alway's tell you exactly what is wrong,there are many 02 code's. A couple of them actually tell you they are functioning as designed.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:11 PM
Launching!

If your wiring appears undamaged, I think I'd just go back to OEM to see if it fixes the problem. I've seen several posts with o2 problems similar...
Old 08-29-2007, 07:42 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the info. I just returned the Bosch sensor after reading those threads, I'm going to go with the Denso sensor and see how that helps.. If that doesn't work I'll just go through GM and their ridiculous prices. Anyway, I followed the wiring and found one spot where the loom was melted but it appeared that the wires were fine. I'm going to re-loom and re-route it and if I still have problems I'll replace the wiring just incase. We will see where this leads
Old 09-02-2007, 04:31 AM
Staging Lane

Well for anyone who would like to know... The Denso sensor fixed my problem. I was comparing the Bosch to the Denso, not only did the sensor look like it performed better it was also 1/8 of an inch longer. That might not sound like a lot but the threads on the Denso were deeper too! So the denso stuck in further and was a tad bit longer to be in the exhaust flow. I had the code deleted and have driven 150 miles with no codes being thrown. I DO NOT RECOMMEND BOSCH SENSORS.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:08 AM
Launching!

Thanks for the followup. Good info to have posted...

Quick Reply: Throwing Code P1133--Just replaced o2 sensor plz help!