PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0342 and P0343 Problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 12:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

guess i will update my problem as well. tsp installed a ls1 chain on my ls2 motor. i chased wires and got the run around for months trying to solve problem. for those who dont know, the cam sensor reads off the cam gear in the ls2. well there is nothing for the sensor to read on the ls1 cam gear. i wont get to far into it but i was extremely unsatisfied with the way tsp handled my problem.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

i'm having a similar issue with my ls7 block in my 01 zo6.

which cam gear will work on my 01 pcm? (obviously an ls1 style will not. will the ls2 AND ls7 work, or just the ls2 etc??)

which cam sensor should i use?

i bought the motor from a reputable builder and discussed my plans for it going into an 01 zo6. i had the polarity reversed on the extension, and got that figured out. however, now i'm getting this, and i swear i was getting po341 first.

will pull the sensor soon, but i'd like to have the parts i need to replace it first.

# 12591720 listed for the LS2. According SDPC's website it's the cam sensor for the L92:

* This is a camshaft position sensor for the new 2007 L92
engine.

The original LS2 cam sensor (color back) was part # 12568983. That number has been replaced by part # 12585545 (color tan)
Old 04-08-2008, 11:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Swamp Goat
UPDATE: I got mine fixed. Checked the pulse count using HPtuner, no sensor pulses. Verified the wiring on tc cover harness.
We had an LS2 GTO handy with its blower off next door, so we swapped the cam sensor (sorry Andrew, you weren't gonna need it for a bit) and peeked through the window to verify the cam gear was, in fact, correct. TSP provided the right one to begin with.
We had tried the abc to bac or whatever swap way back on initial fireup and had that right, but with the cam sensor from the car next to it, it fired right up with a vengence, and is now always starting in 2 seconds max every time.
For want of a cam sensor...
Ahh, feels good to be fixed.
Thanks for the advice folks.
Bill
i scanned mine as well, and have no high to low or low to high values other than "0"

i'm assuming i need the ls2 cam sensor and have the l92 cam sensor (even though its for an ls7, but its a 'new' block so probably uses the l92 components now)? can someone confirm?
Old 02-26-2012, 12:42 PM
Teching In

Well I thought I would throw my two cents in. I searched high and low for some answers and did not find many threads that ended with some answers.

I did a continuity test from the ECM to the sensor and everything checked out. I then checked continuity between the wires and all wires to gnd and power and still nothing. I then checked the ECM voltage output and it was about 11Volts. Thought that could be it but wasn't.

Lastly I bought a new sensor. I don't think the old one was bad but on a vette you have to pull the intake so I would rather cover my bases. When I put the new sensor in I checked the contacts on the connector. They LOOKED fine, but I tightened them up anyway. Put the car back together and the codes never returned.

Another tip if you have a C5 with the ECM in the fender do not pull on the ECM to hard as the bracket is brittle, and yes there are screws on both sides of the ECM. Also do not pull on any vacuum lines. Otherwise the fender has to come of and your in for a day of Mcgyvering or waiting on new parts.

Quick Reply: P0342 and P0343 Problems