Sponsored by:

A few issues, no fuel or spark... a little help please

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 08:09 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default A few issues, no fuel or spark... a little help please

Hey guys.

Well my car has been sitting for two years. I finally got everything physically back together and im having a lot of problems.

The car was a H/C car before... now its a 418ci and im trying to go speed density.

The car was previously tuned with LS1 Edit a couple years back.

Now here are the problems...

I installed EFI Live on my laptop last night. I have the V1 commercial package. I cant get it to read the PCM. When i entered the vehicles VIN in the Scan Tool portion, it gave me an error about it not having OBD2 something or other loaded for that Vin (sorry im not more specific... laptop is at home and im at work). When i tried to connect to it on the tune side, it kept saying it couldn't connect to PCM and to check connections... no luck there... I read through the tutorial many times trying to see where i messed up and i think i did it like it says.

Other than that im having what i think is some sensor issues...

The car isnt getting spark or fuel... plugs are dry as can be after i crank on it... and when i took a plug out... it would spark initially as soon as the key was turned on... but nothing after that. Im thinking maybe i have a bad crank sensor?

I have eliminated a lot of the factory fuel and emission stuff on the car, and also got rid of ABS and such.... My fuel system consists of a 10an bulkhead fittin in the bottom of the tank.. running to a magnafuel 4302 pump and filters, to the rails that came with the vic intake... to a magnafuel regulator... then to a return line which i used another bulkhead fitting in the top of the tank. All evap and everything else is totally gone. Previously i had stock 99 injectors... now i have the Siemens/Mototron 60lb injectos (Rated 60 @ 42.5 psi so whatever they would be at 58psi).

Im just totally stumped at this point and dont know where to go from here. I know the current tune in the vehicle would be WAY off... but i would think that it would still at least fire... even if it was falling all over its self. The MAF is removed, but was told that if its not plugged in that it would default to Speed Density and still start. I backed the fuel pressure back to 40psi just to help with the overfueling for the time being... but since it seems as if its not pulsing the injectors anyway im not even to that point.

If anyone can give me some advise i would very much appreciate it.