Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hand held tuners??

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 10:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Hand held tuners??

Im about to do an auto to manual conversion once I get a clutch and a torque arm relocation kit. Im wondering if it would even be worth it to get a handheld tuner or not, since they cant reflash the PCM after the conversion. So in the future would it be worth it or no? Or would it be better to get a real tune?
Old 10-06-2007, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone?
Old 10-06-2007, 11:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go with a real tune... only useful thing I found with my handheld hypertech is changing the shift points... and you would control those if your going to manual trans anyway... so all you would really be able to mess with would be rev limiter...
Old 10-07-2007, 02:57 AM
12 Second Club

And you can read codes, but 400 bucks (of corse depends on where you live) for code reading? Spend 75 and get a orange code reader for theGM data ports and put the rest towards either a street tune if you know someone locally who can do it for you or dyno tune.

Its a slower process having a buddy street tune, but its cheaper if he just charges for unlocking your vin
Old 10-07-2007, 07:05 PM
On The Tree

get hptuners and dont look back i was wondering the samething but ot is def worth the extra monies that are spent on it plus u can do sooooo much more. plus it looks cool to be siting in your car and playing with a lap top connected to it.