Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VE table scale up by how much?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VE table scale up by how much?

For a ballpark initial Main VE table to be used in a 408 LQ9 with a FAST 90 with 90mm throttle body.

I will be lowering the 400/800/1200 RPM by 60%/70%/80% normally done to get it to idle with the cam (Texas-Speed MS-3 cam). But I was wondering if I should scale up the rest of the VE table to account for the bigger intake & tb.

I just want to get it to run, so I can break in the motor and take if for a dyno tune.

I'm starting with a totally stock 2002 LS1 PCM tune.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:19 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Using hpt? If so, spend the 50 bucks for a RTT/SD enhanced, that way you can dial it in while its breaking in. Other than that, set the IFR, the displacement, scale the lower portions, and let er eat. The fuel trims will take care of it til you get it dialed in.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
Using hpt? If so, spend the 50 bucks for a RTT/SD enhanced, that way you can dial it in while its breaking in. Other than that, set the IFR, the displacement, scale the lower portions, and let er eat. The fuel trims will take care of it til you get it dialed in.
Thanks for the reply...Been having difficulty getting people to chime in on an earlier thread. I might have framed my question too broadly and anyone responding would have had to write a book or send me their tune outright.

Using LS1Edit v1.5. That's why I want to spend the least amount of time dialing A/F in, and want instead to focus on breaking in those important first few heat cycles.

Anyone out there with a 408 Fast 90/90 care to post up their Main VE table for comparison? Don't care if it's HPT, EFILive or LS1Edit. I just want to compare the differents values 408 vs stock to ballpark a % correction.