Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 06:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any ideas?

Im having problems with my camaro. I had a 226 236 .525 .525 @110 Lsa, full exhaust and a 3600 stall put in my camaro. Went and picked it up today and drove perfect. Brought it home after work, and had to move it when my mom got home and when i went to move it the problems began. I couldnt even get it into any gear with out it dying, i finally got it into gear and backed up my driveway so i could pull into the other side of the garage, it dyed at the top of the driveway as soon as i took my foot off the gas pedal. Got it started back up and coasted it down the drive way, I barely got it into the garage and it dyed half way in. The computer was tuned by pcmforless (mail order tune). Any ideas what the problem is? One of my friends told me it sounded like a tuning problem or the spark pluggs not beinggapped? Thanks -Zach
Old 10-11-2007, 10:34 PM
On The Tree

Mine's a M6 but does the same thing, but only sometimes. Sometimes it starts and idles fine then other times it will surge up,down,up,down forever untill I hold it steady with my foot on the gas. I don't know but I'm interested in an answer too.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:56 AM
Launching!

Open up the throttle blades. The car can only suck so much air thru the IAC hole and the IAC motor maxes out and then will surge. This also makes them hard to start. It's almost like a hung choke. Open the throttle blades with the set screw a bit (get the iac counts around 40 if you have a scan tool) and then set the TPS to .67V at idle. You can also drill the IAC hole larger as well, but I like to try tipping the blades first.
Bryan
Old 10-12-2007, 06:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks, i will try that this weekend if i can find the scan tool you talk about
Old 10-12-2007, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Idle and cold start can be a pain to get right. You probably need to add air as stated above, but it's about impossible to get it right without your own scanning and tuning capability. I had to adjust my idle stop screw as far as it would go and still reset the TPS sensor and I still had to drill a larger hole. But you won't know where you are if you can't at least read IAC steps.