Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reading my in car wideband?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 10:23 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Reading my in car wideband?

I have some questions in reference to reading my wideband in my car. In short I added about 2lbs of boost to the car and cranked up the alky. I have not been able to make it back for a tune. My tuner said I should be fine if I am reading 11.5 on the wideband.

Here is where my question comes in. When I first punch it my wideband reads lean and then as I get to around 6K it reads 11.3 which I think it is correct. I have only been able to do this on the street so this is being done in second gear. I am running with about 8lbs of boost on a forged motor. My wideband is an AEM and it is located in one of the bungs where the rear o2s would be. Thanks for any help...
Old 10-13-2007, 08:33 PM
FormerVendor

Do you still have cats?
Old 10-13-2007, 11:26 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Eurospec2
Do you still have cats?
No cats, C-5 with X-pipe.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:26 AM
Teching In

What is it reading before 6k but after you "punch it"? I assume by "punch it" you mean WOT? It reads lean because your "tip-in" at that point needs more fuel. What rpm are you starting at? Try it at different rpm's and different throttle positions.

Did that answer your question at all?
Old 10-15-2007, 06:53 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by stewie8apie
What is it reading before 6k but after you "punch it"? I assume by "punch it" you mean WOT? It reads lean because your "tip-in" at that point needs more fuel. What rpm are you starting at? Try it at different rpm's and different throttle positions.

Did that answer your question at all?
Thanks for the reply. I dont quite understand this "tip-in" thing. And yes I am reffering to WOT, sorry. I would think the lower/mid RPM would have been taken into account because my last tune died off because of belt slip in the upper RPM. So my general thought was I was making the same boost levels in the mid/lower rpm range and on the top I was slipping the belt. My last dyno graph had a nice climp up to 5K and then it just started to flatten out because the car was not holding the boost anymore. I even blew the air-bridge off the car once. I also found more belt dust than I had hoped for. So it was more of combo of belt slip and junk worm gear couplers. I have not been watching the Wideband to much in the climb it is a rather fast rpm climb in second gear I glance down around 5,700/6K and see it reading 11.3. When I first hit it,"WOT" from 2K it seems to jump to 16 and then my stupid eyes are going from the tach/wideband/boost gauge.... I dont know if this jump is being caused by the delay of the alky or just exhaust making it to the sensor...
Old 10-19-2007, 06:20 PM
9 Second Club

Still looking for help.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:58 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are doing this in 2nd gear, you are reaching 6k pretty quickly - there is always some lag time in the wideband readings... especially the AEMs. Sounds like you are fine, its just the time it takes to pick up the reading. If you were doing it in 4th from 3k or something like that, then it should be reading 11.3 well before 6k!

If you are always seeing a lean spike when you first hit it, your tuner should be able to get that out. Might be starting from too lean of a cruise AFR. Depends on several variables, but I would get it back for a re-tune as soon as you can.

Last edited by BLK02WS6; 10-19-2007 at 09:04 PM.