Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IPC no abs or tcs

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 08:51 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IPC no abs or tcs

ok right before I got my car(05 m6 gto) my friend whom I bought it from hydroplaned it off the road into a grassy ditch, got mud all up in the underside of the car and one of the wheels caught an edge and messed the hub up, So I replaced it. well ever since the accident when you start it up ABS default pops up in the driver information center and i have no abs or tcs. We went to scan it the other day and it said it unable to communicate with the ipc(what does ipc stand for) fwe unhooked the scanner and hooked it up again and this time it was able to communicate and we where able to get the codes out and it said no communication with the abs or tcs. it doesn't say any more then that. this car never had a problem with the abs or tcs before. I replaced the other front hub and checked/cleaned the rear sensors for damage and there was none to them. has anyboady else had a problem like this, or can tell me how I could check it more throughly.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:08 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

IPC is the instrument panel cluster. It has its own little processor.
Try checking all the fuses first first. Then, get some data. Like a service manual, or try alldata online. You can buy a subscription for your vehicle for a reasonable amount of $$.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok will do. we checked all the underhood fuses. but didn't check the under dash fuses since i guess you have to removed the panel thats under the steering column. it was late and we had other things to do so we stopped there.