Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

h/c tuning question with a preditor

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 12:26 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h/c tuning question with a preditor

I'm fixing to instal a set of stage 3 patriots. The cam i have is a 228/228 and has been in the car for a while. I never had a chance to get it tuned and don't have th cash to get it done right this second. What i'm wondering is what should I do w/ my preditor just to help it until i can get a good tune.
228/228
patriot stage 3 ls6 heads
ls6 intake
ported ls1 throttle body
walbro 255
100 wet shot

any help would be great..
Old 10-15-2007, 01:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

In order to know what changes are necessary, you need some info from the car to base your changes on.
Try getting the car to a dyno or hooked up to a wideband so you can at least see where you need to go as far as adding or removing fuel, and then work on timing by monitoring KR.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:37 PM
On The Tree

As soon as i can get the money i'll be getting a mail order tune from thunder racing, and then a good dyno tune from jeff there. This predator is kinda confusing when it comes to tuning fuel and spark. I just want something to get me by till then.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:13 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 00ultraz28
As soon as i can get the money i'll be getting a mail order tune from thunder racing, and then a good dyno tune from jeff there. This predator is kinda confusing when it comes to tuning fuel and spark. I just want something to get me by till then.
Theres a very likely possibility you wont be able to drive that car at all until you get it proffesionaly tuned after you swap heads/cam, and even if it does run you can seriously screw things up inside that motor running lean, and you will probably be making less power untuned then you do now, so why not just wait to do the swap when you have money for a tune?
Old 10-16-2007, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

well I screwed something up in the heads and decided i would go ahead and get a set.... i'm gonna call thunder racing in the morning and see what turn around time is on a mail order tune