Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lenth of tune and problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 03:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default lenth of tune and problems

How long does a tune normally last? i had my car tuned two years ago and the previous owner said that it probally needs a retune soon ( bought 2 months ago). well sometimes now the car is kind off hard to crank over and takes a second. then when it finally turns over the clock is reset and the CD player is on, when i turn on the radio. after the car is started it runs fine. do i need a new tune or is there something else wrong?
Old 11-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Its got a bad battery, or bad connection at one of the cables, right at the battery.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Launching!

thanks ill check the battery and connections, the battery is only about a year old
Old 11-02-2007, 11:42 AM
TECH Resident

You shouldn't need a retune unless something big has changed since the car was first tuned. A tune is not forgotten (even with a dead battery) but the fuel trims (variables to add or subtract fuel) are erased when the ECM loses power. The fuel trims (providing you are running closed loop) are used to adjust the fueling based on O2 readings. This is to compensate for engine and part wear, climate changes etc.