Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pcm voltage on egr sensor

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 03:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default pcm voltage on egr sensor

i need confirmation on what i should see on my multimeter on my 01 camaro's pcm. i am planning on putting my wideband 0-5 volt analog output to pin 55 using the old NB o2 sensor wiring. however before i hook everthing up and flip the switch wanted to confirm a few things. with the:

key on
positive probe into pin 55 (egr pintel position slot)
negative probe to ground

i was recording around 4.5 volts. i was not expecting anything! i figured this pin would be an input for voltage vs outputting voltage.

what am i missing or is this the way all of the 0-5 volt sensors work?
Old 11-02-2007, 03:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's exactly how it works. The PCM will supply either 5 or 12 volts in order to power the various sensors or switches.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

i thought that pin 47 is the straight pcm 5 volt reference power OUTPUT pin on the egr and that pin 55 is the pcm input pin that will get INPUT voltage from 0 to 5 volts from the sensor. if my wideband is sending 0-5 volts to pin 55 and it already has 4.5 volts on it then ????????

i'm confused. i know this is the way people have wired their wideband thru the egr but i just don't understand why it would show any voltage right out of the pcm. the wideband should be sending the voltage.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

any more input
Old 11-05-2007, 08:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default it works - lc-1

two things.

first of all i was measuring the volts on pin a which happens to be the "ground" pin vs the "sensor signal" pin. duh. so there were no volts on pin C which was correct. so the wiring worked great, i.e. running the wideband thru the old nb02 sensor harness as follows:

pin A on harness - black, white wires on lc-1
pin B on harness - blue heater ground wire on lc-1
pin C on harness - brown output 2 wire on lc-1
pin D on harness - red 12 volt wire on lc-1

didn't hook up yellow lc-1 output 1 wire. also, i moved pin 65 (nb02 signal) on the pcm to pin 55 (egr)

secondly, the lc-1 MUST have at least 11.5 volts or more to work. i wouldn't even get a message or error code. apparently my battery was a little weak from sitting for a while. hptuners would work like a charm but the lc-1 would not connect. after hours of messing with the wires i installed a new battery and that fixed it immediately.