Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Predator help

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 11:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Predator help

Blowing off the dust of an old project...I'm doing a head and cam swap on an 02 LS1 M6 car. I bought all of the parts a few years ago and then had another back surgery. Well it's time to pick up where I left off.

I bought a Predator along with my go fast parts (listed in sig)and now I'm looking for some email tune help. I live South of Reno Nevada and I'll get a wide band run, but I need an initial tune and help fine tuning.

I know, I should have bought a different tuner, but I didn't and I'm on a budget.

Last edited by ssheets; 11-24-2007 at 04:07 PM.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

IVM(infinite velocity motorsports) has ability to custom tune a predator. In sparks. Just call them or stop by.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, there you go.
For more options, hit the Diablosport dealer locator on the website.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks, I talked to IVM and they can do it. ~$200 fro dyno time and $500 for tuning for a total of $700.

Or I can buy HPtuners ($499) and a wideband interface ($199) which gives me all of the tools and no know how, but a solution for the life of the car.

Like the old saying about fedding a man or teaching how to fish.

Or I could buy a pre-programmed PCM from Wait4me ($159). Meanwhile I could drive it and check my LTFTs and driveability while I save up for the more costly alternatives.

I need to talk to IVM and see what their long term support is if I pay the $700 for the tune?

You guys are getting me closer, thanks.
Old 11-26-2007, 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

So what do you guys think of buying a pre-programmed PCM from wait4me and then buying HPTuners and a wideband setup later when I can afford it. Maybe 6 months down the road...the car is not going to get driven much through the winter.

I can get by with $159 this way and end up with an extra PCM that might make a neat paperweight down the road.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Buy HPT if you plan on doing it yourself. It's a long learning experience if you decide to do it yourself. But it's fun. I use EFIlive and have been very happy with it. If you are going to have someone tune it for you(Like Jay) the diablosport will work just fine. You can do just about anything with one of those that you can with HPT if you're a tuner. You may also consider taking the car to the bay area and having it tuned.
$150 for wait4me isn't a bad deal. It may not be perfect. I bought my EFIlive from him. He's cool. I'd probably take it to Synergy and have Rick work his magic though. It will probably cost $500 to do but he'll make the most power. Of course you only get a tune, you don't get a tuner, or the software or any of that. But if you don't want to get into tuning yourself it's the best way. Of course you throw some heads or cam or something on it will need to be retuned.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ssheets
Thanks, I talked to IVM and they can do it. ~$200 fro dyno time and $500 for tuning for a total of $700.

Or I can buy HPtuners ($499) and a wideband interface ($199) which gives me all of the tools and no know how, but a solution for the life of the car.

Like the old saying about fedding a man or teaching how to fish.

Or I could buy a pre-programmed PCM from Wait4me ($159). Meanwhile I could drive it and check my LTFTs and driveability while I save up for the more costly alternatives.

I need to talk to IVM and see what their long term support is if I pay the $700 for the tune?

You guys are getting me closer, thanks.
That's a lot!!! I bought my diablo pred. about 3 years ago. I took it and my car to this place in NJ (that I saw on my way to the Atco 1/4 track) and they did 3 or 4 pulls, put on my SLP UD pulley and the total was less than $300. For $700, they better give you a whole days worth of fine dyno tuning!!!
Old 12-03-2007, 02:54 PM
Teching In

The $700 was worst case scenerio. Usually dyno tunes are less than $500 including the dyno time. I spend a bunch of time making the tune right, plus I do the road tune afterward to make sure air pressure changes are accounted for. I use a genisys for telemetry, that thing alone cost $6200, but it records the highest resolution making timing variations easier to spot. I stand behind my tunes and will make corrections for as long as your car has the same components.

If you are familiar with tuning software, you should try to tune your own. I can help you out making decisions on tuning strategies, plus you'll have a lot more respect for what good tuners do.
Old 12-03-2007, 03:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ivmotor
The $700 was worst case scenerio. Usually dyno tunes are less than $500 including the dyno time. I spend a bunch of time making the tune right, plus I do the road tune afterward to make sure air pressure changes are accounted for. I use a genisys for telemetry, that thing alone cost $6200, but it records the highest resolution making timing variations easier to spot. I stand behind my tunes and will make corrections for as long as your car has the same components.

If you are familiar with tuning software, you should try to tune your own. I can help you out making decisions on tuning strategies, plus you'll have a lot more respect for what good tuners do.
Nice to see some of our CMR guys stepping up here!
Keep up the good work.

Thanks
Mike