Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No communication with pcm ? ses light on

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 12:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default No communication with pcm ? ses light on

swapped a 98 computer harness for my 408 i put in my 95 and i cant get the scanner to read the pcm, ive check and rechecked my wireing going to the pcm from the dlc but i am not getting anwhere. check the power and ground pins to the pcm and all are correct.

The Service engine light does come on with the bulb check, so i know something is working inside the pcm, but i cant get it to scan. how can i tell if my pcm is bad or not?
Old 11-29-2007, 12:57 PM
FormerVendor

Check your DLC connector for power across it's +12 and grnd pins first off. If they are good, review the PCM wiring and ensure all grounds are connected and all orange wires have +12
Attached Thumbnails No communication with pcm ? ses light on-obd-ii_pinout.jpg  
Old 11-29-2007, 10:40 PM
11 Second Club

I checked over my wires for a week, no change, i decided to try and reprogram the computer with the tech II and it took it. after the programming the computer sent out serial data like it should. im wondering if it could have had an unrecognizeable software tune in it or the tune was corrupt or something.
I was very close to buying a new pcm from my parts department

anyway its working now, ready to be tested tomarrow.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:46 PM
11 Second Club

frost good point on the power and ground. Ohh and btw where did you get your radiator top cover? i need to work something out with this air intake thing?
Old 11-29-2007, 11:48 PM
FormerVendor

Mine came with my turbo setup from Pro Turbo Systems, but BMR makes one that is chrome that you can actually get a hold of. Glad to hear you got it going, sorry you lost your tune. Hope you tuned it yourself so that it wont cost you anything.