Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interesting Issue

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 07:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Interesting Issue

So this problem has developed recently about 2 weeks after i had my car tuned for my H/C/I/E setup

for the first couple weeks the car ran great... no issues

now that its a little colder when i go WOT... after first gear in 2nd gear.. the speedo starts going crazy it basically lags then shoots forward almost like the car is going to fast for the speedo... then my brake light comes on along with my service vehicle light.. (not the check engine light, my check engine light acctually shuts off, its normally on due to the rear 02's not being plugged in) the tach freezes and stays pegged around 6000rpm but the revs keep going even when i shift to 3rd the tach stays frozen but the revs keep climbing normally while i keep on accelerating..

then after i let off the brake light goes off, but the service vehicle light stays on and the car runs pretty crappy, the revs stay high almost like theres a vaccum leak and then slowly drop back down to normal...

under normal driving this issue never occurs... only when i do a WOT 1-2-3 pull

any ideas?
Old 12-26-2007, 08:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a ground issue or power wire issue. I would check the grounds behind the heads on the engine. that or your battery terminal wires...
Old 12-26-2007, 03:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wait4me
Sounds like a ground issue or power wire issue. I would check the grounds behind the heads on the engine. that or your battery terminal wires...
That was my thought as I read the o/p.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:35 PM
On The Tree

well looks like i have some fun instore tomorrow.. i jiggled the wires on the back of the head and they were indeed a little loose. Both terminals are nice and tight. Is there any easier way to get to the bolt on the back of the head or am i stuck pulling the intake mani to tigthen her up? (the grounds are on the back of my drivers side head)
Old 12-29-2007, 08:08 PM
On The Tree

pulled the intake mani... tightened the ground.. and the issue is now gone! thanks guys!!!!