Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning BigStuff3

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2007, 07:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tuning BigStuff3

Any tips idea's or books I can read before I take this leap. I am having a professional that is going to setup the first tune.

If there is a change I want to be able to make it. Not only that but understand why changes need to be made etc. I am sure some of you started somewhere. Programing etc I pick up real fast so I am sure the is a reachable task with time..
Old 12-29-2007, 08:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

TTT.

I know someone should have some input
Old 12-30-2007, 05:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bs3

There really isn't much reading material out there for BS3. It's to new. I can tell you that it is very easy to use from personal experiance. My best suggestion would be to download the manual from the BS3 website and study it. If you have any idea how a basic carb works you'll understand BS3 easily. John is also very good at giving out techincal advice over the phone. He helped me several times as well as Mike Moran who I bought my system from. They are both very helpful after the sale.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mostly you need to understand speed density EFI. The BS3 is just about the same learning curve as any other standalone. It's got a few bugs here and there but it's usable and works fine!

Likely, the professional tune you get done will focus on WOT - tuners usually can't convince customers to spend the $$$ on drivability and cold start, etc.

So the good news is, you'll probably spend your first tweaking hours working on little drivability things.

How soon until it's ready? I can provide assistance if no one else on here can. I've found that very few people understand the accelleration enrichments and most just leave them "default" which is way off if you are running big injectors.

Once you get it installed and tuned, let us know what you'd like improved and I'll be glad to help.

-scott
Old 01-02-2008, 06:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Scott thanks for the info. I will give you a shout. Car was setup and half tuned with 160lb injectors with a single turbo on a built 346ci. I have now swapped to a built 408 built for a turbo. I am not going to put on the kit till after I break the new motor in. I also have to swap injectors to some 30lb for break in as 160's are wayyyy to much.

Quick Reply: Tuning BigStuff3