Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Engine Soon Light???

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 11:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Service Engine Soon Light???

Went to the store a few minutes ago. Came out the store started the car and the SES light came on. Ran a scan since it was in the car with me and the only codes that show up are the same as always. The one pertaining to the EGR and Air Pump. Also I always thought it was broken by the previous owner. Since me SUX2BU could never get it to turn on with his tuning software. We tried this after I broke a rocker bolt over the summer and the car was running like **** and no SES light was on. But after doing a scan all types of misfire codes were showing up. So I'm really at a lost...Thanks!
Old 12-29-2007, 11:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bruser's LS1
Went to the store a few minutes ago. Came out the store started the car and the SES light came on. Ran a scan since it was in the car with me and the only codes that show up are the same as always. The one pertaining to the EGR and Air Pump. Also I always thought it was broken by the previous owner. Since me SUX2BU could never get it to turn on with his tuning software. We tried this after I broke a rocker bolt over the summer and the car was running like **** and no SES light was on. But after doing a scan all types of misfire codes were showing up. So I'm really at a lost...Thanks!
Sounds like it could be an electrical problem. Perhaps the PCM is malfunctioning.

Could also be a tuning issue. You may want to try disconnecting the battery and then going through a drive cycle and see if the problem persists.

I had a similar situation occur a while back (misfire). Turned out to be that one of the coil packs was cracked. So I would also check plugs, wires and coil packs. You can visually inspect the plugs, wires 'should' last to 100k miles and I believe you can measure the resistance through the coil packs. Not 100% sure on testing the coil packs though. So you may want to consult the service manuals (3 volume set).

Good luck.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:20 PM
On The Tree

Will try it out. Been driving around some more and no SES light. The wires are new, but I will check them over just to be sure. Also it's cold here in Dallas. I read where a few guys were having problems in cold temps.