PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with a MSD 6LS ignition box

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 07:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was so loud, my wife heard it across the street from our house and video'd it from our pourch. She was excite that we finally got it running she wanted to video it. LOL.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:59 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey JR.......

first time i've been back on here in a while, perfect timing i see...congrats on getting it started!

to clarify for those who don't know, the car was running and driving shortly before the sale and i was in the middle of doing a swap from the t56 that was in there over to a th350 when my wife and i had the chance to buy a bar at a killer price and i had to sell everything fast and cheap! JR had several videos of the car running with the t56 still in without any issues with the MSD box in and partially tuned. i had already put about 300 miles on the carb/msd conversion without ANY starting issues and i was just as confused about why it wouldn't start. i racked my brain and tried to help over the phone with anything i could think of and a starter/batt issue was the last thing i would have come up with since i had no issues with either.

JR, glad to hear the good news finally! always good to talk to you so please keep me up to date with the progress. i really wish i didn't have to sell the car as you know, but it had to be done to move forward with our plans.

take care!
Old 01-06-2008, 01:14 PM
10 Second Club

What up Dave? How's the bar business going? I hope good.

I'm so dam relieved to have it running now. But I pulled the motor to put in the camaro. I'm taking the Trex out and putting it in the 383 I'm building. And putting a Torquer v3 in.

I'm also striping the wiring and re doing the whole car so the will not be any problems on down the road in the dept. It's also getting a cm 10 point cage in the next few weeks. So a lot is happening with the car. I sold enough parts from the camaro demodding to pay for the mustang.

Guy's Dave has been a stand up guy to deal with and I would not hesitate to do business with him again.

Thanks Dave.
Old 01-12-2008, 10:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm glad you got it running. I went through some troubles with my setup, but I think it was mostly the carburetors I was using. At times it seemed like my MSD box wasn't firing at all. Lately it's been running perfect though, I'm not sure what exactly fixed it. Good luck with the rest of your project.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:44 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by team39763
I'm glad you got it running. I went through some troubles with my setup, but I think it was mostly the carburetors I was using. At times it seemed like my MSD box wasn't firing at all. Lately it's been running perfect though, I'm not sure what exactly fixed it. Good luck with the rest of your project.
I've been watching your thread with your troubles with the carb. Did you buy a new one? That's what I would have done. I know there exspensive but it's nice to start with a clean slate sometimes.

I think the problem with the box was not spinning the motor fast enough. Or something to do with the starter, but then again Dave, the guy I got the car off of had it running with the starter that was on it.... So it had to be the low cranking speed or the wiring. I switched the wiring around to were it was wired directly to the battery.

I'm still up in the air on what fixed it But I'll see what happens when I put the 383 back in it.
Old 01-30-2008, 02:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

A friend of mine let me borrow his Holley 950 and the truck ran better than ever. I don't know what the deal was with that other carb.
Good luck man, hopefully it turns out good.

Quick Reply: Problem with a MSD 6LS ignition box