Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

408 with no tune

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 08:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 408 with no tune

okay need help with some questions first off would it throw any codes as far as a misfire code and how much of a difference is there in timing. Would the motor be running lean if so how lean well i know its lean just dont have a wideband so not sure on how much its lean would it be that badd for the motor to drive it even if u dont get on it just move it from one place to another at low rpms
Old 01-06-2008, 08:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by DTRtransam02
okay need help with some questions first off would it throw any codes as far as a misfire code and how much of a difference is there in timing. Would the motor be running lean if so how lean well i know its lean just dont have a wideband so not sure on how much its lean would it be that badd for the motor to drive it even if u dont get on it just move it from one place to another at low rpms
The misfire code is hard to say. If you have a larger cam, you will probably throw P0300 (misfire) at idle. I am not sure what you mean about the difference in timing.

Nobody can tell you how lean it will be or if it will be damaging to the engine; the stock PCM won't compensate for how lean the engine will probably run, though it will try, and then throw a code (or two).

It probably won't crank and run without some help, but you should be easy on it until you can get it to a tuner. I wouldn't drive it much if possible.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:05 PM
Teching In

well the guy that installed it told me that there might be a diffence in timing so i was just asking if there was dosent throw a misfire code but the ses blinks every now and then i just move it like twice i wont be driving it no more dont wanna mess anything up it has the texas giant cam but it will still idle half *** no help but u try and drive it and it dies thank for the help though
Old 01-06-2008, 10:16 PM
On The Tree

If its on a stock tune IF it will run it will probably be really rich.
Old 01-06-2008, 11:21 PM
Teching In

stock tune but how would that make it run rich i dont get it
Old 01-07-2008, 12:21 AM
Dynojet Fan

I wouldent worry thr computer will compensate..
Old 01-07-2008, 12:57 AM
Launching!

I installed a 408 into my trans am. It has a 232/232 cam in it. And a 9.5" converter. Between those two it threw P0300 codes. Also it ran lean. AFR at WOT was 14.0ish. I changed the volume inside hp tuners, and updated my VE tables and it runs better now.