PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

possibly going with an SD tune got a few questions...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008 | 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default possibly going with an SD tune got a few questions...

ok so im getting my car ready for boost will only be going to 7-8 psi with the stock bottom end but i do have a new motor that will be going in later down the road once i push this stock one to its limits. im clueless when it come to tuning and will be having a prof. do it but what id like to know is what type of A/F guage will i be needing? wideband? narrowband? whats the difference? what about that dual FAST wideband system? seems like it would be better to keep track of each bank seperately rather than avergae them out as one.
Old 02-02-2008 | 11:37 PM
TECH Veteran
20 Year Member

If you trust your tuner, ask him. The most important thing is that the person doing your tune is comfortable with the equipment being used. They are the ones who ultimately hold the life of your motor in their hands.
Old 02-03-2008 | 09:04 AM
FormerVendor

I agree that you want your tuner to be comfortable with the equipment, but you are also playing with fire if you don't get a WB particularly on a boosted setup (IMO).

Lots of good articles on the net regarding O2 sensors:

Article 1 (check under Technical Articles, #37)
Article 2 (More Detail)
Article 3 (a lot more detail)

If you can do a dual setup, then I would. You can get the FAST dual setup for around $600. I am not a big fan of the display unit itself. There are other options out there as well.
Old 02-03-2008 | 11:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

ya i really hate the display of the fast and dont really want to run 2 seperate gauges either but i dunno yet. if anyone has any ideas id like to hear them...as for the tuner...ive seen what hes done and am confident in his abilities