Sponsored by:

Tuning Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning Questions

Several questions here:

1. Should I only tune WOT with the MAF turned back on or should I do it while I'm tuning my PE to make sure the VE PE fueling is correct?

2. If I do indeed need to tune WOT with the MAF back on, should I do this on the street or a dyno?

3. I added some fuel to all cells in the VE table per the SD tuning instructions as a "safety" measure. Should I put those back to the stock settings or leave them at their "safety" level when I'm done tuning my VE table? There's no way I'm possibly going to hit ALL cells.

4. What is the correct steps to tuning my car? Should I do as much of the VE as possible to get my cruising AFR in check, then do cruising MAF tuning with STFTs, then somehow tune for PE with the MAF - Error % histogram? I'm assuming I will need a dyno for the PE tuning as there's no way I can do that safely on the street right?

Just a note. I did about three runs today for some VE tuning. Everything is looking great in my cruise cells so I'm assuming that means I'm doing it right. So then I decided to see what my PE fuel would look like. So I plugged the MAF back in and turned it back on. When going WOT, even though I'm commanding 12.6 AFR, it's showing as 13.4 on my wideband. How do I fix this? Is it a MAF tuning issue still?