PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo

Pulled 4 codes tonight

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008 | 11:15 PM
TECH Fanatic
10 Year Member

Default Pulled 4 codes tonight

Ok I have had a low coolant light on since I bought the car, about 3 months ago, I asked the guy I bought it from and he said it has been on for about 3 years and it hasn't been a problem. I checked the coolant multiple times all is good.

Service engine soon light was on when I bought it, the owner said it was a clogged cat. I scrapped the exhaust right after I got it and the service engine soon light went out, so I figured that is what that was.

Service engine soon light came on the other day...Buddy ran the codes for me today on a OBDII scaner here are the codes

P0420 - Had this code twice - Cat
P0704 - Clutch switch or something like that
P1626 - Theft durrent (sp) systeim fuel enable check.

What do you guys suggest? I do have the random problem of my car not starting for about 2 mins or so, I will push the clutch in and no start. Power everything but no start. I have read the sticky on that but everyone that has posted has different problems and I dont have tons of time to be following the current.

Thanks a ton and sorry for the long post. Just trying to fix some of these annoying lights on my dash

M
Old 04-17-2008 | 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic
10 Year Member

Anyone???
Old 04-18-2008 | 09:03 AM
Launching!

This is the problem.

Or the clutch switch, lol.

I'd say
A friend had this happen to him w/ an auto 98 z28.
Had to tow it to the dealer to get some **** in the steering column replaced
Old 04-18-2008 | 09:27 AM
TECH Fanatic
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by b.lee
This is the problem.

Or the clutch switch, lol.

I'd say
A friend had this happen to him w/ an auto 98 z28.
Had to tow it to the dealer to get some **** in the steering column replaced
O thats sounds just wonderful! I think the p1626 has something to do with my vats.
Old 04-18-2008 | 09:40 AM
Teching In

The coolant light seems like it may be on due to a faulty coolant level sensor. Common problem.
The P0420= Catalyst efficiency below threshold witch means it probably due to the aftermarket exhaust that youve installed, because the rear o2 sensors are reading "no cats". This will not harm you vehicle.
As for the P0704, I would just replace the clutch switch. The vehicle should start every time then.
Old 04-18-2008 | 10:23 AM
TECH Fanatic
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Vas@diablosport
The coolant light seems like it may be on due to a faulty coolant level sensor. Common problem.
The P0420= Catalyst efficiency below threshold witch means it probably due to the aftermarket exhaust that youve installed, because the rear o2 sensors are reading "no cats". This will not harm you vehicle.
As for the P0704, I would just replace the clutch switch. The vehicle should start every time then.
Any idea on how much the clutch sensor is, and where I can get one, hard to install? So do you think the P1626 has to do with the clutch switch?

Thanks!
Old 04-18-2008 | 10:49 AM
Teching In

The switch should be located under the dash at the clutch pedal and fairly easy to change.
You can find it at any auto parts store(i.e. Advanced, AutoZone, etc.)
As for the the P1626 im not sure, it may disapear or it may not. not quite sure what that one is.
Old 04-18-2008 | 02:23 PM
Staging Lane

I had a key made by some locksmith that claimed he could match the resistance in my key, tried it the day of and it worked, after losing my original keys for about a week...I figured out my spare keys that he had made only work half the time...does what you're saying, lights the security light in the dash for 2 minutes, and I have to wait to try again. Figured I'd throw that in there, the 1626 code obv. has something to do with your security.