Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LC-1 or LM-1?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 09:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LC-1 or LM-1?

which wideband should i get? it appears the lm-1 datalogs, but seems to come with a box im going to have to find somewhere to mount? or is that just for when i want to log everything? and it also, according to the description gets its power from a cig lighter location.. id rather have my wideband in all the time. or did i totally miss the whole thing altogether?

i hate asking these kinds of questions because i have a feeling i over looked something obvious and im gonna feel really dumb when someone points it out for me.. nevertheless i need to know.

seems like having datalogging capabilities would be a real aid in tuning rather than trying to watch the meter while my foot is in it.. i guess i could get my girlfriend to do that but.. eh..

we'll be using hptuners to tune the car, i have a good friend that has it and is familiar with it. i havent even seen how it works yet. i tuned my mustang with the tweecer and a dynojet wideband commander setup back in the day but that was like 4 years ago. hopefully ill catch on somewhat quickly.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It really all depends on your needs, although I would lean toward HPT pro and an LC-1. My reasoning is that if you have no need to move the LC-1 between vehicles the LC-1 is a great product that is small enough to fit in a lot of places.

HPT pro has built in datalogging capability that will allow you to log much more data than a simple AFR. To me, without the other logs, I don't know of what use the AFR would be.
If you don't have HPT pro, you can use the LC-1 on an unused PCM input and log it in a similar manor. The only difference is that you would have no data logging capability without the laptop.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rhino
It really all depends on your needs, although I would lean toward HPT pro and an LC-1. My reasoning is that if you have no need to move the LC-1 between vehicles the LC-1 is a great product that is small enough to fit in a lot of places.

HPT pro has built in datalogging capability that will allow you to log much more data than a simple AFR. To me, without the other logs, I don't know of what use the AFR would be.
If you don't have HPT pro, you can use the LC-1 on an unused PCM input and log it in a similar manor. The only difference is that you would have no data logging capability without the laptop.
That's kind of how I feel. The LC-1 can be installed as a dual purpose o2. It can be wired to act as a replacement for the stock narrow band as well as the wideband...and you did say you wanted to mount it permanently. Or you can wire the LC-1 to a cigarette lighter adapter and have it portable...that's how mine is.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

see, i was just showing my lack of knowledge for what HPT is capable of. sounds like ill be going with the LC-1.

yea in doing a search for the answer to this question beforehand i found a thread or two about using the lc1 as a narrow and a wideband simultaneously, ill have to do some more reading when i get time, and made a decision on that. right now im studying for finals so that'll have to wait, for now at least i know what to order.

mucho thanks for the replies.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:56 PM
TECH Regular

lc-1 has logging software as well.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:27 PM
FormerVendor

We sell Innovate here and have it in stock as well.
Let me know if you need anything.
Thanks