Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help installing LC1 on obd1 LT1

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 02:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need some help installing LC1 on obd1 LT1

First Question:there are quite a few things that make this different from the typical LS1 setup. First and foremost, my PCM is an OBD1, so I cannot use HPTuners at all... therefore no EIO or whatever the heck that thing is. Anyway, my car still has EGR and i dont know if OBD1 even logs that so i cant use the EGR. I need to use the A/C pressure sensor which i know the location of (picture) but i dont know which wire to tap into. If i had to take an educated guess, it would be the gray one for obvious reasons... but i dont want to be wrong and mess something up. Also am i just splicing right into this thing (and logging ONLY when the AC is off), or should i disconnect it entirely from the A/C system?

A/C pressure sensor:

Second Question: I am completely lost on how to calibrate this thing. The quick start guide says "connect an indication LED and momentary pushbutton between the black calibration wire and ground." ....ok there are four wires for those for things, am i basically tapping ALL four of those into one wire? that doesnt make any sense to me. and what is the button for?

Question Three: I plan on replacing one of my narrowband 02 sensors with the wideband, and forwarding the narrowband signal from the controller to the PCM. I currently have a narrowband A/F gauge hooked up to this signal wire. My question is, could i relocate this to the wideband output wire and turn my narrowband into a wideband readout? What voltage range does the narrowband output read? Im assuming the wideband outputs 0-5v since thats what the A/C pressure sensor reads, but im not sure if thats something i need to calibrate or not.

Question Four: Stupid question, but is in the console by the shifter a good central location to put the controller?

Thanks for the help

Last edited by JoeliusZ28; 05-06-2008 at 02:49 PM.