Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0154 code after header install

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 10:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default P0154 code after header install

I just had some headers and catted y pipe installed this morning and on the way home from the shop, my ses light comes on. I stop by auto zone and get a P0154 code. From what I understand, it can be caused by either a bad O2 sensor or wires, or a very rich or lean condition. Does anyone know if this is a common code after a header install and it will possibly clear after I get it tuned, or should I concentrate more on the actual sensor? Any advice would be appreciated.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

P0154 is bank 2 sensor 1 insufficient activity right? I believe its a lean condition like the voltage is low coming out of the sensor, maybe .1-.5 when it should jump between .1-.8 or so. Could be a number of things though, I'm willing to bet they may have messed something up(not serious mess up), maybe they forgot to tighten it, or possibly damaged it, or routed the wire in a bad spot and its melting onto the header (although that might cause a code for a short to ground) I'd bring it right back there pronto and be like "yo this SES came on right after I left the shop" see what they say, better to do it sooner than later.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya i've noticed sensor 1's are the fronts (closer to engine).. i just did an install last night and both my sensor2's are throwing the insuff activity which is normal as the rear o2's aren't hooked up and the cats are GONE..

take it back and have them check the front o2s.

running rich as hell though after the install.. through in NGK55s and MSD wires.. if only I could hit autozone for an HPTuner :O impulsing buying doesn't support holiday weekend and delayed shipping.

Quick Reply: P0154 code after header install