Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? about wideband commander

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 03:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ? about wideband commander

alright well I bought a used dynojet wideband commander from a member on here and i installed it last night ,and i seem to be having a little issue with it. when i turn the car on the guage will go right at 11 and after letting the car fully warm up nothing changed. so this morning i turned the key and went under the car and i touched the sensor and its not warming up, i also checked my power going to the module itself too and im getting 12.0v koeo.
well in the install instructions they show the sensor connections in the module thingy. the order is orange, blue, green,yellow,w/b and red. when opened it the order was o,g,y,b,w/b and then red. i swapped the wires to what the install guide said could that be my problem? or could it be an internal module problem?
Old 05-25-2008, 05:23 PM
On The Tree

ive just tried taking out the o2 sensor from the exhaust and let it set in free air and the guage still doesnt change. ive also tried numerous time to hook it up to my computer and the screen will say its trying to connect but it never does. anybody else have any ideas? is there a calibration im supposed to do? i didnt see anything about it on the install instructions. anyone?
Old 05-25-2008, 06:33 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 98trans-am
ive just tried taking out the o2 sensor from the exhaust and let it set in free air and the guage still doesnt change. ive also tried numerous time to hook it up to my computer and the screen will say its trying to connect but it never does. anybody else have any ideas? is there a calibration im supposed to do? i didnt see anything about it on the install instructions. anyone?
No calibration needed, check your 2 grounds.

The grounds will cause the non-connect issue and also the wb02 issue. I do not think it matters if the sensor ground and the heater ground are the same point, unlike other meters that have ground offset issues.

This is a great wb02, packed with features and reliability.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:34 PM
On The Tree

yeah ive deffinately read about the benifits of the wide band and its great. i just changed my grounds to a different locationand its still doing the same thing. i also just grounded them seperate and still doing the same thing. what about the o2 sensor wiring should i have the wires in the same order as they say on the install guide? or should i move it back to the way it was shipped to me?
edit: i just checked continuity from my grounds to my battery and from the power wire going to the module and my B+ and its good theres continuity. my o2 sensor still doesnt warm up either. is there anyway to check for a failed wideband module?

Last edited by 98trans-am; 05-25-2008 at 08:04 PM.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:43 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah, make sure the 2 grounds are grounded good and you have 12volts on the power wire

The wideband commander is loaded with features. If you plan on spraying it cant be beat for safety.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:50 PM
On The Tree

yep i plan on spraying and i like it cause you can also use it as a wot switch so i thought that was neat. i checked continuity from the posotive post on my battery to the connector on the module and its getting 12 volts. i just talked to a friend of mine and he said his tuner would change the o2 sensor wiring inside the module to make it work, when i got it the wiring was also not as it states in the install diagram. anybody know if i have to change those wires around? thanks for all youre help.