Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAF To adjust or not to adjust?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MAF To adjust or not to adjust?

who has adjusted there MAF for FI?Ihave been looking into the 2bar SD conversion process but want to mess with my current setup before ditching my MAF and going SD.can someone inform me alittle about the MAF,how it works,and the effects of adding grams or whatever to the tables.Another thing is i have my VE tables maxed at 100kpa where boost is coming in. is this correct? i have been running like this for a while but am wondering if i have overlooked something to adjust. also my timing is set according to knock retard as what i believe is the correct way of doing it but is very low i have it set to 10 when boost is there and am seeing only 13 degrees when wot .this is with an intercooler and about 75 degrees outside temp. and i run 93 always. any input will be a huge help
Old 05-25-2008, 11:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

This subject has been beaten to death here. Just do a search, then decide who you believe. I personally feel that once the MAF is maxed, like any other sensor, it is useless. There are MANY workaround ways of tuning, but you are always better off with real sensor info (IE, none maxed out).
Old 05-26-2008, 08:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know the speed density vs maf drama on here but thats not what i was asking about. i have done searches with no luck.i was wanting info on the MAF itself,if my VE tables are wrong, and if my timing sounds right.