PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adjusting Ltrims... What table in LS1 Edit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 09:58 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,739 Likes on 1,246 Posts

Default Adjusting Ltrims... What table in LS1 Edit?

I've been trying to tune out an idle issue lately and in the process I've been ataping my Ltrims a lot. I've noticed an adverage at cruise rpms of +10% or so on both banks. What do I tune to get that down where it should be? I assume I want to multiply whatever table it is by about 112-114%? That should get me around -2 to -4% correct?

If it means anything, my Strims are usually right around 0%, favoring as low as -3 and as high as +3.

I won't make any changes just yet till I dial in the VE changes I'm making, but I'd just like to know in advance what table I need to mess with for Ltrims.

Thanks.
Old 08-12-2003, 10:15 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Default Re: Adjusting Ltrims... What table in LS1 Edit?

PS. I have an older version of Edit if that matters. v1.05 I think....
Old 08-13-2003, 12:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eng Cal->Fuel->IFR
You want to add fuel in order to bring LTRIMS down (Negative). To do this scale the IFR table by ,say, 95% - whole table 0-80 kPa. Smaller number/value and PCM thinks smaller injector....so it increases injector pulsewidth = more fuel. More fuel and the O2 sensors flip rich and then PCM adjusts LTRIMS TO PULL fuel (reduce). This results in Negative Ltrims or reduced LTRIMS if you haven't reduced the IFR enough.So try 95% and drive around awhile . See where they end up.Hope this helps some.
joel(Bink)
Old 08-13-2003, 06:51 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Eng Cal->Fuel->IFR
You want to add fuel in order to bring LTRIMS down (Negative). To do this scale the IFR table by ,say, 95% - whole table 0-80 kPa. Smaller number/value and PCM thinks smaller injector....so it increases injector pulsewidth = more fuel. More fuel and the O2 sensors flip rich and then PCM adjusts LTRIMS TO PULL fuel (reduce). This results in Negative Ltrims or reduced LTRIMS if you haven't reduced the IFR enough.So try 95% and drive around awhile . See where they end up.Hope this helps some.
joel(Bink)
Sounds good! Thanks for the info

Once I feel that my idle issues are as good as possibile I'll start the Ltrim tuning process. One question though, is the IFR table the only place to tune the Ltrims? I ask because I thought I had it in the back of my head once that there was some MAF table that would also effect this value?? Maybe I'm thinking of something else though.

Just think, it's only been what,... 15 months that I've had Edit and 18 months since the cam went in and just now I'm finally getting around to these issues. What can I say, I must be a lazy b*$tard!

Old 08-13-2003, 12:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MAF table can be used to tune LTRMS. Current consensus is to use IFR if your MAF is stock. In fact many say to junk ported MAFs and return to stock MAF because of ease of IFR- LTRM tuning. MAF is left of IFR on the fuel tab.
I think it's great that you've been comfortable with your cam for the past 18 months!!
joel(Bink)