Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

o2 sensor issue, p0132, p0134

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 02:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default o2 sensor issue, p0132, p0134

3 weeks ago i installed kooks lt headers with o2 extenders and the corsa catback.

Full story (cliff notes below):
Friday, the engine started misfiring and breaking up really bad. I took the car into TTPerformance in NJ. Matt Sorian took me right in. He pulled the OE spark plugs which were in bad shape (non-uniform gapping and dull tips). He replaced with NGKs gapped to .500 (I believe).

Car was still not healthy, so he checked the o2 sensors, and both front o2 sensors were reading negative numbers (-18, -100). So he replaced both o2 sensors with OEs.

Car is running healthy. He does partial throttle and WOT tuning on the dyno, car makes good power, and I am ready to go. 5 minutes from the shop, flashing CEL, rough idle, I bring the car back. He road tests the car, driver side o2 is not responding. He leaves the car open loop, and I take the car home hoping to find a solution.

Cliff notes:

05 with 30k, under factory warranty, installed kooks headers, kooks o2 extenders, and corsa catback.

new plugs, new acdelco o2 sensors.

I am having an issue with the front, driver side o2 sensor. The 2 codes are P0132 and P0134 (high voltage; not responding)

Car is currently running open loop so it is driveable.

According to the diablo, the front, driver side (1,1) o2 sensor is reading 450mv while the other 3 are fluctuating within range. I unplugged the driver side front o2 (1,1) and it is still reading 450mv.

I assume that since the ECU is still reading 450mv with the o2 unplugged, the issue is between the ECU and the harness, yes/no? Supposedly, they tested the resistence in the o2 and the kooks extenders and all was well. Bad ground somewhere? What to do next?

I really appreciate the guidance, it's been a tough week.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:33 PM
10 Second Club

around 450mv is the default value the pcm uses when it doesnt see a working 02 sensor

check your wires at the malfunctioning o2,, check the heater circuit power and ground and check the signal wire and ground

it is probly a ground issue

not all o2 sensors are equal,, my brother had some ls1 o2 sensors(cheapo's), they plugged into the connector fine but would not read on a scan tool, stuck at 450mv

turns out that some o2 manufactures do not ground the o2 sensor housing to the o2 harness ground wire internally(the pcm needs to be grounded at the o2 sensor, actually through the sensor to read correctly), we jumped a ground wire to the o2 ground at the harness and they worked fine
Old 06-11-2008, 07:04 PM
Teching In

Once again, appreciate the information. I don't think I damaged the harness, the connector looks fine. I will do as you say and report my findings, thanks!!

I am pretty sure the shop used ACDelco o2 sensors, would you recommend bosch sensors instead?
Old 06-12-2008, 12:45 PM
10 Second Club

i would stick with a brand name, i like the factory gm parts,, whatever ones that you pick just make sure the sensor low/ ground wire is connected internally to the o2 sensor case/housing, use an ohm meter to check it out

i have personally seen several cheaper brand o2's that do not ground the o2 low signal wire internally to the case/housing and it will cause the o2's to not read and the computer sits at around 450mv
Old 06-13-2008, 08:43 AM
Teching In

the o2 extender had 1 cut wire and 1 bare wire. must have gotten pinched during the header install or snagged on something. thanks for your help jay! glad i stuck it out.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditch those extension and by some corvette rear o2s part number 13111. Longer pig tail it will reach.

Quick Reply: o2 sensor issue, p0132, p0134