Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning a 4L60E for nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 11:24 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning a 4L60E for nitrous

I have a 98 Camaro, 3600 stall, 75 shot of juice. At the track with the nitrous spraying from 3000-6400 controlled by a window switch it is touching the limiter. Not very noticeable on the 1-2 shift, but on the 2-3 shift it hit for a significant amount. The software I will be using to tune the car is LS1Edit. What would be a recommended way of fixing this problem? The options I'm aware of are lowering the shift point, increasing shift pressure, lowering the window so that it's not spraying into the shift, and raising the rev limiter. The motor is stock from intake to oilpan, though it has a cold air intake and full exhaust with a cutout for the track. Any suggestions on what would be the best way to resolve this problem? Thanks
Old 06-25-2008, 11:57 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was thinking that I could just lower the nitrous window to 6000 so that it is not spraying through the shift, but then in 3rd gear near the top of the track I think I'll be revving at or above 6000, and I would want it spraying and it wouldn't be. So maybe either increasing the shift pressure or lowering the shift point? Obviously lowering the shift point probably wouldn't be ideal, so I guess raising the shift pressure is best, unless it's already maxed out? Any suggestions? Maybe a B&M shift kit to increase pressure?