PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
View Poll Results: Get HP Tuners and learn or just get a dyno tune.
Get HP tuners, it's worth learning.
88.89%
Self tuning is tough, just get a dyno tune and be done.
11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Need some help making a decesion.

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008 | 09:23 PM
12 Second Club

Default Need some help making a decesion.

I"m upgrading the turbo in my STS Camaro. From 60-1 to a T67mm running 10lbs. I am in torn debate over going with a professional tune and getting my own HP tuners.
I don't have any tuning expierence but I do have a guy who's done lots with the program who's willing to help me. I really like the idea of being able to always make adjustments without going in for a whole new dyno tune or being able to have a more agressive race gas tune.
On the other hand I wouldn't mind just getting a goody dyno tune and being done with it.
I have a very good mechanical aptitude and usually do all my own work on my cars. Wanting advice from all.....................

Side note, If I get the HP tuners standard version do I need anything besides my laptop? (I have a wideband in my car)
Thanks
Old 07-03-2008 | 08:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

I vote for EFI Live.

Old 07-03-2008 | 09:27 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by DaveX
I vote for EFI Live.

I agree

Honestly, i think it is a great idea to purchase tuning software and learn how to take care of things yourself, but a Forced Induction setup might not be the best choice for you to cut your teeth on. If you make a small mistake on a mild N/A motor chances are you wont harm anything, but that F/I setup you have will not be so forgiving.
Old 07-03-2008 | 01:00 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

HPT +1

You'll probably want to opt for the pro version so you can log your wideband right into the scanner software, since you have an 01' pcm applying our 2 bar custom operating system is an easy way to also get our Real Time Tuning feature that comes free with your custom OS. As stated your combo will be a challenge to start out on but in the end it will probably be one of the more rewarding things you do.