Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SD tune with hp tuners quick question

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 02:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SD tune with hp tuners quick question

does the maf still have to be removed or disabled when using an actual sd tune with hp tuner? as opposed to using a maf tune and forcing it into sd via fail freq or unplugging it? i see that the SD tune still has the parameters for the maf yet has the VE table setup for SD. I may have missed it somewhere but i havnt seen anything that says you have to disable it with an actual SD tune.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:45 PM
FormerVendor

What do you define as a SD tune? Generally speaking, somehow some way the MAF needs to fail for the car to run in SD mode. Whether this done through some failure settings, or removing the MAF and turning off some DTC's, etc. Do a search, and I believe you can find some dyno results of people removing the MAF physically and claiming HP gains due to the removal of a restriction (the MAF).

Two basic ways your PCM will calculate fuel requirements based on airflow: SD or MAF-based.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:52 PM
Staging Lane

I used the HPT SD tune and i just went ahead and set the fail to 0 to make sure it was not being used.. I have gone to a OLSD tune since then due to retarded 02 sensor readings.. I want to totally remove the maf but dont know what hardware i need to do it... ive looked all over the forums but i cant find what people used to fill the gap after its removed. anyone know?
Old 08-07-2008, 08:27 PM
11 Second Club

Here is how mine is setup.