Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF!! Does anyone fall for this.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 06:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JonCR96Z
Hey guys, how about letting this thread die down. I'm the one selling these things and this thread could potentially hurt business. I make decent money off of these items.

Thanks,
Jon
A scam like this no one would want to do business with you. I'm sorry this is just the truth.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:15 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
how bout a group purchase?
How about that. We will pay him with monopoly money. I think its a fair trade. Fake Chips for Fake Money
Old 08-30-2008, 09:13 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2002_z28_m6
How about that. We will pay him with monopoly money. I think its a fair trade. Fake Chips for Fake Money
I don't think the chip is worth the value of monopoly money. Not a fair trade.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:03 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys, how about letting this thread die down. I'm the one selling these things and this thread could potentially hurt business. I make decent money off of these items.

Thanks,
Jon

Jon,

You are committing fraud in the truest sense. You *KNOW* what you are advertising is not an exaggeration, it's a lie. If you are making "decent money" off of these, it amounts to thievery. It's quite unfortunate that you are even allowed to sell these on eBay to people who do not know better. There is no way that you can defend this; it's just wrong.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:08 AM
FormerVendor

Thanks,
Jon
Reduces wear on the engine and all working components

Extends the life/quality of motor oil

Prevents corrosion on spark plugs and valves.

+60 horsepower at the wheels! Unmatched engine improvement!

+50 ft/lb of torque. More torque gains are possible when installed on trucks and SUVs!

16 to 18 more miles per gallon in city traffic.

19 to 21 more miles per gallon on highways.

So you freeze the IAT which dicks up fueling and keeps the PCM from being able to pull timing in summer time heat (which it NEEDS) and then you tell outrageous lies about what it "can do" and we are supposed to not tell people so that you can continue to steal money through dishonesty. I'm sure that your parents would be proud.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
how bout a group purchase?
Did you see the benefits? I'm practically giving these things away as it is. Plus I don't make them specifically for each car and right now I only have a few for Firebirds and a few or Camaros. And I also have a vortex generator for a Camaro if anyone is interested.

Originally Posted by 2002_z28_m6
Oh, it's real.

Originally Posted by Frost
Jon,

You are committing fraud in the truest sense. You *KNOW* what you are advertising is not an exaggeration, it's a lie. If you are making "decent money" off of these, it amounts to thievery. It's quite unfortunate that you are even allowed to sell these on eBay to people who do not know better. There is no way that you can defend this; it's just wrong.
You have a good argument but that doesn't explain my repeat business. I hate to break it to you, but actually does what it says it does.

Jon
Old 08-30-2008, 11:15 AM
FormerVendor

You have a good argument but that doesn't explain my repeat business. I hate to break it to you, but actually does what it says it does.

Jon

Jon, I tune cars every day, lie to someone else.

The *ONLY* thing that fixed resistor does is lock the IAT at a constant value. This screws up fueling a bit (nothing that CL won't adapt for though it's adapting to the screwed up scenario you provide) and could easily cause a LOSS of mileage. The HP gain is just stupid. IT DOES NOTHING. If you are locking the value in high, you are costing HP by pulling timing, and if you lock it in underneath, you destroy the PCM's ability to pull timing in hot weather to avoid knock.

Don't try and make me out to look like I'm wrong, I could make it a personal crusade to msg all of your buyers from feedback and show them this thread.

Putting a resistor in the IAT and claiming it does *ANYTHING FOR MILEAGE OR HP IS A LIE, AND THE PREMISE IS FRAUDULENT*

So John, since you so knowledgeable in this area and it actually "does what it says", here is your ONE CHANCE to explain it. Explain the process and I will let this die.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:19 AM
Teching In

Im tuning in for the results
Old 08-30-2008, 11:28 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Frost
Jon, I tune cars every day, lie to someone else.

The *ONLY* thing that fixed resistor does is lock the IAT at a constant value. This screws up fueling a bit (nothing that CL won't adapt for though it's adapting to the screwed up scenario you provide) and could easily cause a LOSS of mileage. The HP gain is just stupid. IT DOES NOTHING. If you are locking the value in high, you are costing HP by pulling timing, and if you lock it in underneath, you destroy the PCM's ability to pull timing in hot weather to avoid knock.

Don't try and make me out to look like I'm wrong, I could make it a personal crusade to msg all of your buyers from feedback and show them this thread.

Putting a resistor in the IAT and claiming it does *ANYTHING FOR MILEAGE OR HP IS A LIE, AND THE PREMISE IS FRAUDULENT*

So John, since you so knowledgeable in this area and it actually "does what it says", here is your ONE CHANCE to explain it. Explain the process and I will let this die.
This has nothing to do with the IAT. I agree that IAT resistors MAY add power for some cars that aren't tuned, but it always kills mpg. My system is completely different and to give away the details would be suicide for my store. My A4 trans am gets 35mpg highway and 26 city. Once I get around to installing a vortex generator I should be looking at 45+/30+. I haven't dynoed yet but I expect to be in ~380rwhp with only a catback and a lid and my products of course.

Maybe you're so up in arms because you lost business due to my product? I can guarantee that my chips work better than your tuning. That's probably the real reason for the inquiry, huh? Nice try.

Jon
Old 08-30-2008, 11:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

Looking forward to this explanation lol.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:37 AM
FormerVendor

Subscribing to this one as well

John, you’re treading in water full of sharks here. The problem you are going to have is some of us "sharks" are EXTREMELY well versed in the ways of the LS Engine management system, so please do not try to BS any of us in here because it will not work.

I am very curious as to how you make these claims, and would love to hear an explanation of how you say it works.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:40 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like maby frost * since he is a tuner guy* should get a set of products from Jon and install them on his car and see what his dyno has to say? or whathis tuning equipment has to say before the mods and after? make a good comparison anyways..
Old 08-30-2008, 11:46 AM
10 Second Club

^^ Thats a hell of an idea, maybe Jon should provide Frost with them so that he can do the testing and the results, good or bad, could then be posted. We all know the outcome already but would be fun to see. Although my guess is Jon won't step up as he knows the results won't be good either.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Eurospec2
Subscribing to this one as well

John, you’re treading in water full of sharks here. The problem you are going to have is some of us "sharks" are EXTREMELY well versed in the ways of the LS Engine management system, so please do not try to BS any of us in here because it will not work.

I am very curious as to how you make these claims, and would love to hear an explanation of how you say it works.
I'm telling you, giving away the secrets will hurt my business. The product itself costs me about $5 in materials and I have quiet a bit of R&D in each vehicle. The only thing that really makes the money are the quantities that I sell these things in. And while I don't believe everyone could come up with the same results as me, they probably would have enough gain to not want to buy my product.

Last edited by JonCR96Z; 08-30-2008 at 11:54 AM.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

Do you think I could get a custom one? I'm kinda interested in 1.3 60ft times on my street tires for drag racing. Also, could you add nigh F1 quality cornering for track racing? Granted it'd cost a little more but it'd be worth it.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by macleod
^^ Thats a hell of an idea, maybe Jon should provide Frost with them so that he can do the testing and the results, good or bad, could then be posted. We all know the outcome already but would be fun to see. Although my guess is Jon won't step up as he knows the results won't be good either.
I'll be more than willing to dyno the results, but I'm not sending my product to a known tuner and vendor.

Here is a dyno of a prototype I did for a CTSV a few years back. It's not the best gains because the guy didn't have the time for me keep his car and prefect the tuning. And in this instance the car gain roughly 12mpg on average.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks,
Jon
Wow I thought he was joking at first...but he's really the one selling this and trying to back up his product, I think Frost or another senior tuner should get a hold of the product and then tell us what it's all about. +75HP and +20MPG all in one update...hmmm

The dyno graph you posted was from Carolina Auto Masters...Does Jeff Creech know about this little product you "tested" up there at his shop?
Old 08-30-2008, 12:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by wht01ws6ta
The dyno graph you posted was from Carolina Auto Masters...Does Jeff Creech know about this little product you "tested" up there at his shop?
Doesn't matter, as long as he knows that he aint touching my tune.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'll be more than willing to dyno the results, but I'm not sending my product to a known tuner and vendor.
You know that anybody can buy your product (even a known tuner and vendor) and look at it and test it out, don't you? Do you have a patent on this revolutionary and amazing product yet?
Old 08-30-2008, 12:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Judging by your sig and your dyno results, it looks like you could use some help in the tuning department. If you are interested, you can come by and I can take a look at it for you.