Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Show me the FTC's in the VE table

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 02:58 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Show me the FTC's in the VE table

I have researched and read but still can not figure out where the fuel trim cells fall on the VE table.

So here is a pic of my VE table. Would someone be so kind and use ms paint and shade the FTC area and note the cell number.

Thanks
Old 09-05-2008, 10:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They aren't fixed. How do you have them defined?
Old 09-05-2008, 01:23 PM
TECH Addict

You can only map out 0-15. The other 7 have more to do with TP%.

Courtesy of EFI Live.
Attached Thumbnails Show me the FTC's in the VE table-ftc.jpg  
Old 09-05-2008, 03:23 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SSpdDmon
You can only map out 0-15. The other 7 have more to do with TP%.

Courtesy of EFI Live.
Thanks

Let me ask a different question that may help me more.

If I am tuning in OLSD and of course will only see FTC 20, 21, and 22.
I have the PCM tuned to command a 13:1 AFR by using the 1.13 multiplier.

My log is showing a 11.8 AFR per WB at 2200 RPM with a map of 18.
Where in the VE table would I concentrate to increase the AFR to the commanded 13?

PS. The pic of the Main VE table I attatched above is exactly how it is diplayed in LS1edit....
Old 09-05-2008, 11:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ur car pulls a hellva good vac at 2200 rpm or you are confusing units
Old 09-06-2008, 12:04 AM
Doc
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by rickou812
Thanks

Let me ask a different question that may help me more.

If I am tuning in OLSD and of course will only see FTC 20, 21, and 22.
I have the PCM tuned to command a 13:1 AFR by using the 1.13 multiplier.

My log is showing a 11.8 AFR per WB at 2200 RPM with a map of 18.
Where in the VE table would I concentrate to increase the AFR to the commanded 13?

PS. The pic of the Main VE table I attatched above is exactly how it is diplayed in LS1edit....
Your pcm does not interpret air/fuel values in an old school motorhead logrithmic equation. It is a simple computer that works in a equivalence ratio, or EQR.

The VE table is not a commanded A/F table. It is merely a "description" of the airflow of your setup as interpreted by the MAP sensor. It is user defined. Meaning if you are running a completely factory setup then the factory calibration contained in the totally stock tune would be valid. Nobody here is satisfied with the stock performance and that is why we are all up searching late thru the night for the magic beans.

Putting go fast parts on your ride changes everything.

There are only two commanded a/f tables in a stock type pcm configuration.

The PE or, Power Enrichment table and the Open Loop Fueling table, OLF.

The pcm in stock form will take the richest of the two values with modifier table considerations.

The value you are witnessing seems to be awfuly close to a Cat Overtemp Proteciton value of 11.8 (1.1239EQR) (Normally it is 11.7(1.249EQR)(Coincidence with possible errors you are reading in voltage offsets with your WBO2-another chapter).

To answer your question, start with a safe commanded fuel number (and stock timing) in your PE and OLF tabel (12.1 or 1.209EQR) and get your airflow re-calibrated in the VE table (and MAF if you choose to run it) to account for your mods and then concentrate on leaning out your commanded mixture with the PE and OLF tables.

Then after all that confusing mushmouth stuff, haul *** to Jacksonville, Florida.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:53 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Doc
Your pcm does not interpret air/fuel values in an old school motorhead logrithmic equation. It is a simple computer that works in a equivalence ratio, or EQR.

The VE table is not a commanded A/F table. It is merely a "description" of the airflow of your setup as interpreted by the MAP sensor. It is user defined. Meaning if you are running a completely factory setup then the factory calibration contained in the totally stock tune would be valid. Nobody here is satisfied with the stock performance and that is why we are all up searching late thru the night for the magic beans.

Putting go fast parts on your ride changes everything.

There are only two commanded a/f tables in a stock type pcm configuration.

The PE or, Power Enrichment table and the Open Loop Fueling table, OLF.

The pcm in stock form will take the richest of the two values with modifier table considerations.

The value you are witnessing seems to be awfuly close to a Cat Overtemp Proteciton value of 11.8 (1.1239EQR) (Normally it is 11.7(1.249EQR)(Coincidence with possible errors you are reading in voltage offsets with your WBO2-another chapter).

To answer your question, start with a safe commanded fuel number (and stock timing) in your PE and OLF tabel (12.1 or 1.209EQR) and get your airflow re-calibrated in the VE table (and MAF if you choose to run it) to account for your mods and then concentrate on leaning out your commanded mixture with the PE and OLF tables.

Then after all that confusing mushmouth stuff, haul *** to Jacksonville, Florida.
Thanks again for the advice Doc..
Would you happen to have a decent main VE table for a 383ci I could plug in to start with?
Rest of the specs:
383ci 4.10 bore with 3.622 stroke.
10.3 CR
CNC ported L92 heads
LS3 intake
90mm TB
cam = .611 242 dur intake
.617 250 Exh
LS114 + 2 on 112IC

Quick Reply: Show me the FTC's in the VE table