Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help Repinning Harness on V6 --> LS1

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 08:54 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Need Help Repinning Harness on V6 --> LS1

I'm making this for a friend of mine who I've been helping working on his car. He's almost done, but the wiring is one of the last things. I've been searching on here, but everyone seems to be doing something different. I found one post that was rather helpful, but still need some help.

The car is a 1998 V6. The engine harness is a 2000 with matching PCM. The other engine harness that controls the head lights, blinkers, etc... and body harness are the original 98 V6. Is the V6 engine harness that controls the lights, blinkers, etc the same as the V8 cars?

He already has a 99+ Gauge cluster, but the repinning is the issue. What all are we looking into swapping? I've done some wiring work on my 93 and have access to Alldata for wiring diagrams.

He's getting really frustrated at this point and we're thinking about just buying a 99+ V8 body harness and engine harness for the car to swap in. That would be much more straight forward and we could take a lot of weight out of the interior.

Thanks!
Old 09-10-2008, 08:02 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Bump... We're heading to the junkyard on Friday.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:27 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

We checked one junkyard today and got some random stuff, but there weren't any viable harnesses. TTT....
Old 09-19-2008, 11:46 AM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

TTT... We didn't find anything regarding this last time. We're heading to another one today. I checked out my Haynes manual and in the wiring diagrams it says, "typical" _______ wiring. That leads me to believe that they could possibly be the same. I need to check the all data at the shop. Any thoughts?
Old 09-26-2008, 05:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes this should be the same. I put a LS1 in a 98 firebird. Kept all the harnesses that came in the car. I had to Add another cicuit for the additonal fuel injectors. PM me if you need any help with this conversion and I will try to assist
Old 09-26-2008, 07:21 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

^ That's what I would have liked to have heard a little while ago. He already bought a 1999 body and the rest of the engine harness. I'll PM you if we need any help figuring it out. Thanks for replying. That helps out a whole lot knowing that for future projects.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:51 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just came across this or I could have helped you sooner. You should be able to reuse the cruise control module as well just swap the cable.