PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New injectors and fuel system, problems...

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 06:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New injectors and fuel system, problems...

I have a couple problems and I'm wondering if someone can help me think through them to see if they're related.

1. I have a new turbo installed. I have a vac/boost ref. line going from the old evap line on the front of the black intake manifold to my fuel pressure regulator (aeromotive boost ref) and my blow off valve.
2. I am getting a P0107 code with auto tap when the car is running or not running. MAP shows 3kpa when the car is off. We reset the PCM fuses and MAP read 39kpa with the car idling and no codes. Now it's back again to 3kpa and so on.
3. We set the Inj pulse width table to 5.51 across the entire line but I've been told I should raise that to 6.x something to start because of the ls1m Lucas 42# injectors I got with the kit.

The problem is, I'm fowling up the plugs when the car is under load, i.e., driving. It idles o.k. but I cant go a 1/4 mile before plugs are fowled. Tooooo much fuel is getting dumped.

Now the question to think about is, could the P0107 code (MAP low voltage) and the weird 3kpa MAP value be telling the PCM that the car is near 0kpa (WOT) and this it dumps fuel? vacuum is reading fine btw on the boost gauge. We tested the MAP sensor and it's fine. Getting 5v so wiring is fine.

I'm thinking the IAC may be a suspect.

When I was installing the injectors and ls1speed fuel rails the throttle cables were off unlatched from the throttle body.

EVAP is off the car and like I said, i'm using the evap barb as a point of ref. for vacuum for FPR and BOV. I set the FPR at 60psi without reference. It reads 50psi when referenced at idle so it is getting vacuum and pulling PSI.

Any Ideas would be helpful!
Old 09-06-2003, 11:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Default Re: New injectors and fuel system, problems...

what are the ltrims? should be -25% right?

if you reset the code in tap it comes right back right? and you are sure its not an evap code(since you have that gone) and that it is a map code.

you shouldnt have even had to touch the map sensor or its connections during the install.. did you?

what plugs are you running? what gap? just curious.

-what are your injector pulsewidths at idle with tap? and you could 'try' putting stock injectors back in, putting stock injector flowrate in and unhooking the vaccum to the regulator and see if the tune and idle goes back to the way it was stock.. because that is all you changed correct?
Old 09-06-2003, 11:42 AM
TECH Addict

I don't know squat about FI. That said, I don't think 3pKa is confusing the PCM. MAP is an absolute pressure.Injector Flow Rate table is Vacuum referenced.
So "0" on the IFR table is actually 101.3 kPa absolute pressure. MAP for a stock LS1, at idle, is around 35-40 kPa. VE table is absolute also.
Moving your IFR to 6.XX should help lean it out.
What plugs are you running? From what I've read FI requires a cooler plug such as the TR6 NGK. FWIW. Hope this helps some. Good Luck.
joel
Old 09-06-2003, 10:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks guys. Plugs are TR6. IFR was set at 5.10 but I will try 6.x when I get down to the car Monday.

Dave, an EVAP code was being thrown so I turned off EVAP codes, 107 still is being thrown even when the car isn't running.

If the IFR table is all the same, MAP value really shouldn't matter as long as the regulator is getting the correct vacuum/boost reference, right? I've seen that the regulator is getting vacuum because like I said fuel pressure goes to 50 when the hose is put on the regulator, 60 when it's not on.

Another possibility I will test... Since I relocated my cruise control box, there's a bend in the the throttle cable going to that box. Whereas there wasn't one before or in the suggested relocation area, perhaps this is causing the trottle/IAC to stick open thus causing the MAP code, although idle RPM are fine at 650 so I dunno if that's the case.

P.S. Dave, I was digging up the yard today to make way for a stone wall around the flower bed and found a nice sized piece of steel that I could use for a driver-side motor-mount shim. hahah go figure.