Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

texas speed mail order tune

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 08:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default texas speed mail order tune

has anyone gotten on done by them? if so were you happy with the programming? i figured my heads, cam, and intake will come from them and i don't have a tuner within 700miles or so they should be able to get me in the ballpark with the tune from knowledge of there own parts.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:54 PM
11 Second Club

Well a friend got his cam and mail order tune from them. Tune was pretty bad as far a driveability. He ended up getting a dyno tune couple days later. But it will get you up and goin so you can drive it to your tuner.
Old 09-17-2008, 08:55 PM
On The Tree

definetly worth it man, texas speed built my motor and did my nitrous tune for me. If you want to see my setup and run check my videos out on my sig. What I would recommend is you spend the 500 bucks for HP tuners and download a similiar tune from the tune repository on the HP tuners forum, you can also ask Jason at Texas Speed to e-mail you a heads cam tune so you can go off that. The reason I am suggesting that is because by spending the extra cash for the program, you can readjust anything you want whenever you want. Don't get me wrong, Texas Speed does an unbelievable job and I am very pleased with my work that they did for me but I have HP Tuners and I have made several adjustments to my tune that would have had to been retuned if I did not have the program. Hope that helps man!!
Old 09-18-2008, 01:17 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't even waste your time with a mail order tune. Try to find someone that can tune the car. Maybe see if there are any members close to you.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:27 PM
Staging Lane

I read on a local website that there's a shop in Bayer's Lake that has HPTuners and he has a dyno in Dartmouth. I'll see if I can find the name of the shop.

I hope the info is correct cuz it'll save me from having to drive 1000 miles again to get to New Era Performance! I was defintely happy with the service I got from them though...

Quick Reply: texas speed mail order tune