PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the diff in LS1 edit, and hyper tech?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 01:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the diff in LS1 edit, and hyper tech?

What is the difference in the LS1 edit and the hypertech? What can i do with it and is it hard to use or is it easier? what is the price difference..etc. tell me about the product? I'm really interested in it.
Thanks
Old 09-08-2003, 01:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: What is the diff in LS1 edit, and hyper tech?

Hypertech is easier to use, but is pretty useless

Their power programming is hit or miss... it's basically only beneficial if you have an A4 and need to change your shift points, or if you change gears/tire sizes... basically an expensive fan switch if you have an M6

LS1 Edit you can modify anything basically... you can set fans speeds, change shift points, rev limiter, adjust fuel, adjust timing, adjust Knock Retard, adjust torque management, etc... It's harder to use (longer to learn, just read through this section) and requires a laptop...

I think for a hand held programmer the predator by diablo motorsport is the best... lets you do alot more than hypertech but not as much as LS1 Edit but is easier to use and doesn't require a laptop...
Old 09-08-2003, 01:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ls1 edit owns..
Old 09-09-2003, 11:11 AM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh the HyperTech and LS1edit are about the same thing, HyperTech is just much cheaper . . . ROFL! Just kidding, HPPIII is just a toy compared to a real tool like LS1edit. LS1edit isn't that hard to use; get it - you will need it if you do much moding at all to your car. It will cost you $550 but it's worth it and there really isn't any other product that compares to it.