Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LTFTs are +20

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2003, 10:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LTFTs are +20

Did some adjusting with LS1 edit last night and then some testing. Strange thing. When they were screwed up, they had a big range from like +15 all the way to +24, Average +20. Scaled the injector flow rate back. Drove around for a while, they were all between -3 and 0. Had some really bad drivability problems(cam drivability problems) after the adjustments, but after it got used to it a bit it got better to the point I think it was better than before.

The car runs like crap when the engine's cold from the cam, and so far my friend and I have been unable to get LS1 edit to send us the version with the spark vs coolant temp thing on it that will work for my car. He keeps sending us a version that works for the two 2000 cars we share on our 3 car LS1 edit package, so it works for all the cars but mine. I can read my PCM and program, but The stupid software won't let me edit. It just gets really irritating because this has been a problem ever since we had my 2002 car added to out cable interface thing. I don't understand why they even bother having different versions of the editing software because once you lock the cable to your pcm, it won't let you program anything else anyway. And you shouldn't have to tell them when you order your stuff what the cars your going to be programming are going to be. I understand it probably has something to do with them not wanting to get ripped off by those who would modify the cable and try to make money with it. However, when the honest guy (me) keeps getting screwed over and over and over and over because of it when all he is tryig to do is fix his car... they might want to think about trying something else.

Jordan
Old 09-11-2003, 11:31 AM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: LTFTs are +20

I just adjusted the spark vs. coolant table by taking out ALL of the negative numbers. The cold idle improved, but not as much as I'd hoped. I get a much more consistant, steady, cold idle now, but it still idles at 650 rpm for the first 25 seconds or so, then jumps up to 950 rpm which is what it's supposed to be at. Not bad really.

I'm sure Ken Kelly will get that version thing straightened out for you if you stay on his back about it, but don't chew his butt too bad! I believe you get the best results from people by being consistant and relentless, but also by staying calm and pleasant. JMHO . . .
Old 09-12-2003, 11:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: LTFTs are +20

Yah, I was just irritated for a second there, my friends and I have just been having some software problems for a while is all.

Removing the negative numbers is what I was thinking I was going to do once I get the correct version in my car. I have a 228/236 112 cam in my car, so I'm starting to come to the conclusion that there's nothing that's going to fix the hold the gas down for 20 seconds on startup thing.