Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Possibly upgrading to an LS1

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 05:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possibly upgrading to an LS1

Okay, so here's the deal. This idea was brought to me by my mom. So I have the 95 explorer, worth about 2500. I also have my T/A (93) which I have taken the front end off of to do the LS1 conversion. I may also have 1000-2000 from selling a system that I have. All together, the value (If the T/A is together) would be about 6 grand IMO. What do you guys think about trading them for an LS1 T/A or maybe an old CTS-V. Does this sound possible to you guys? What do you think I should do?
Old 02-12-2011, 07:12 PM
TECH Resident

You won't find a CTS-V for near that. I wouldn't go off prices you think things are worth for how much you have to spend, and do you need the Explorer for a winter car? I don't know if you could get $2500 for a 95 gas hog like that, most expensive systems are worth a small fraction you spent on them, and a 93 T/A isn't going to go for much more than $3000 if any. So going off that, I would say just save your money until you KNOW you can afford one.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by gocartone
You won't find a CTS-V for near that. I wouldn't go off prices you think things are worth for how much you have to spend, and do you need the Explorer for a winter car? I don't know if you could get $2500 for a 95 gas hog like that, most expensive systems are worth a small fraction you spent on them, and a 93 T/A isn't going to go for much more than $3000 if any. So going off that, I would say just save your money until you KNOW you can afford one.
Yeah I figured that I wouldn't be able to get a CTS-V, but I think I'm still going to go for the LS1 T/A