Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Tracking down a Firebird..

Old 03-10-2012, 04:40 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tracking down a Firebird..

Is there a way to find out who the current owner of a vehicle is? I'm interested in finding my first car, a 1989 Firebird Formula, and seeing if it's still up and running, and possibly that person willing to sell it. I have the VIN if that matters. Anyone know of a way?
Old 03-10-2012, 09:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

You almost have to know or 'guess' which state the car would be registered in. Many (not all) state DMV records are available to the public for a small fee. You would need to make a few calls in the state you are interested in to see what their policies are and what information can be released. For example: Owners of cars who work in government and law enforcement have records 'sealed' in many instances and are unavailable for obvious reasons. On the other hand, there are those scumbag companies that get hold of your information and try to sell you those bogus 'extended warranty' deals. You will need to see where your 'request' falls into place. Good luck!
Old 03-10-2012, 12:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fl it is free to look up VIN's but they do not release owner info.. see if your state does something similar and run it.. if you might at least see if she has a current tag/title.. might name a city/area its out of.. its hard sometimes, but if you are serious enough, it will be worth the leg work.. be prepared to find out its scrapped or the current and/or other owners have beat her down and ruined her, but that will make it all more worth bringing her back to glory.. good luck, keep us posted man!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tracking down a Firebird..