Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Order Mistake

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 03:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Order Mistake

I made a mistake when ordering a set of shocks from LMPerformance this morning. I ordered the SLP 70008, SLP Shocks, Optional Bilstein Package, 1993-02 Camaro / Firebird when I should have ordered the Bilstein BE52406M1-BE52407H0, Bilstein Front/Rear Shocks Camaro 1993-02 (Set of 4) V8 / V6.

I saw too late that the SLP shocks require the SLP EIBACH SPRINGS which I do not have. I have tried to contact the company and can not talk to a real person. The site does not have a way to cancel an order.

What is the difference between the two sets? Is there a way I can use the SLP shocks without the Eibach Springs or am I going to have to eat the %25 restock fee?

I filled out a form stating my problem and left a voicemail.

has anyone had experience with this company? How customer friendly are they?
Old 02-05-2015, 04:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have Koni shocks, and Bilstein springs on mine, the springs are lowering springs.

Certainly on the rear the shocks and springs are separate, so if the part is wrong, the one things I could guess would be wrong is perhaps the length of travel in the shocks.

The parts you have ordered will fit as the mounting is the same. I cant see a difference. So fingers crossed you will be okay.

Hopefully someone else will chime in with more accurate info.
Old 02-05-2015, 04:36 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

there used to be a difference between the hd and slp set now they are the same thing. so in other words no you're fine the shocks are the same
Old 02-06-2015, 06:45 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by redbird555
there used to be a difference between the hd and slp set now they are the same thing. so in other words no you're fine the shocks are the same
Well, they called me and sent me an e-mail after I posted to tell me they were going to switch the order. Which is a good thing. They said that their internet and phones were down. Bad thing is after reading this I would have been better off with the SLP order....its $168 cheaper.

Oh well at least this way I know it will be the proper shock. And that LMPerformance follows up.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

It is the EXACT same shock man. Call any other sponsor and ask. The SLP and HD bilstein used to be different a number of years ago. Since then they still have different part numbers but they are internally the same. Still people market them differently and then just charge more
Old 02-06-2015, 09:38 AM
Teching In

I think I may just have screwed myself. At most it will cost me an extra $168 over what I could have gotten the SLP Shocks from LMPerformance over what the price for the HD shock is.

On the other end it is basically $68 difference between other vendors and LMPerformance.

An expensive lessen none the less. I should now have the HD shocks on the way, I have the MWC SFC in the shop waiting to be instatalled, new tires just mounted, seat bottoms switched, Rear main Seal replaced, A4 Tranny serviced and all I lack to buy is the SLP lid and I am done. Hopefully all except the lid will be fitted by next weekend and I will be ready to enjoy top down motoring for a good while.

Quick Reply: Order Mistake