Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Dumb question

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 08:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 345 Likes on 237 Posts

I would leave the badge on and put a Lsx 6.2 376ci. in there. Makes more sense to me.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:19 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Actually, I think this first appeared in the form of our "General LSx Automobile Discussion" section.
Wow. We have this all over the place.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:21 PM
Save the manuals!

Originally Posted by 98CayenneT/A
I would leave the badge on and put a Lsx 6.2 376ci. in there.
After going to the expense of the badge. This is the only rational decision!!!

Old 09-12-2017, 08:59 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

now I want a 6.8 liter badge just to make people go what the hell is that?!
Old 09-12-2017, 11:53 AM
Save the manuals!

Why stop there? For a mere $46K, we can now get a turnkey 9.0L, V12 LS engine:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...hallenges.html
Old 09-12-2017, 11:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

I know about LSx crate engines, but honestly I think LSx has come to signify the motors in general at this point. OP's car would not be the first car I've seen with that badge.

I don't like the badge in general though.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by wssix99
Why stop there? For a mere $46K, we can now get a turnkey 9.0L, V12 LS engine:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...hallenges.html
cause I already have 6.8 liters (414)

though I did see one of those in person at Louisville this year in that first gen camaro. kind of a marvel of engineering really didnt get to hear it run though.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:57 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,489 Likes on 1,072 Posts

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6
I know about LSx crate engines, but honestly I think LSx has come to signify the motors in general at this point. OP's car would not be the first car I've seen with that badge.
Still not sure why someone would want a generalized badge on an individual car that can only have one engine at a time. It makes sense when speaking of a group or about the engine family in general, but not so much on a single car (unless it actually has an LSX crate engine.)

Originally Posted by blackbyrd
now I want a 6.8 liter badge just to make people go what the hell is that?!
A local friend of mine used to have "7.5" badges on the sides of his Fox body car, correct font/style/finish and all - looked totally stock other than the actual number itself. This was due to a 460ci block that he swapped in, but the badge was still an understatement since it was actually a 513ci stroker. Not sure why he didn't just get "8.4". Now the car as a Dart M BBC with something like 565ci/9.2L....who needs a V12 just to eclipse the 9.0L mark? Go BBC V8!
Old 09-12-2017, 01:52 PM
Save the manuals!

Here's food for thought... I don't believe "LSX" was ever a RPO code. Does that make it real?

...discuss...
Old 09-12-2017, 02:50 PM
TECH Veteran

technically i suppose it could be since its an engine designation by gm no differnt than LQ4 L99 L92 which were active RPO's. Wonder if it shows up in the copo camaro RPO sheet?

Last edited by blackbyrd; 09-12-2017 at 03:05 PM.
Old 09-26-2017, 02:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude, just put whichever badge you like. Who cares what a bunch of strangers on the internet think. Anyone who knows the difference between the small "x" and the capital "X" will probably appreciate how clean your car looks. And those who dont know the difference will probably not care. I agree with anotherWS6, at this point lsx signifies the whole ls engine family. Those who think otherwise are the minority, so it shouldnt matter what you put on your car.

How many fbodies dont have corvette wheels, or how many formulas dont have ws6 hoods, or how many z28s dont have ss spoilers? It would be another story if you put "turbo" on a NA car, or 5.7 on a 5.3 engine, but something so general like lsx shouldnt matter. Just dont try and convince people you have an actual LSX in there and youre good.
Old 09-26-2017, 02:18 PM
Banned

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Zlow28
Dude, just put whichever badge you like. Who cares what a bunch of strangers on the internet think. Anyone who knows the difference between the small "x" and the capital "X" will probably appreciate how clean your car looks. And those who dont know the difference will probably not care. I agree with anotherWS6, at this point lsx signifies the whole ls engine family. Those who think otherwise are the minority, so it shouldnt matter what you put on your car.

How many fbodies dont have corvette wheels, or how many formulas dont have ws6 hoods, or how many z28s dont have ss spoilers? It would be another story if you put "turbo" on a NA car, or 5.7 on a 5.3 engine, but something so general like lsx shouldnt matter. Just dont try and convince people you have an actual LSX in there and youre good.
Exactly, the nissan has a chevy and toyota has a ford (and ford has a chevy... etc)
my car should say nissevy or chevrissan instead of LS-whatever

its all relative
Old 09-26-2017, 02:30 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,489 Likes on 1,072 Posts

Dude, just put whichever badge you like. Who cares what a bunch of strangers on the internet think.
Apparently the OP does:

Originally Posted by jasonstiller
...i don't want to be a poser...what do you guys think? If you saw this what would you think?
If he didn't care, then I'm sure he wouldn't have asked in the first place.

It would be another story if you put "turbo" on a NA car, or 5.7 on a 5.3 engine, but something so general like lsx shouldnt matter.
It's not really that general though, since that badge uses a specific style that signifies a specific engine which is not in the car. You're right, if the OP doesn't care then it doesn't matter, it's his car. But it sounds like he does care, so we were simply offering the requested opinions.

On that note, maybe I could put a twin turbo badge on my '71 since it has a "Turbo-Fire" 350ci and Turbo 350 trans? It's technically not wrong. LOL.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Apparently the OP does:

If he didn't care, then I'm sure he wouldn't have asked in the first place.

It's not really that general though, since that badge uses a specific style that signifies a specific engine which is not in the car. You're right, if the OP doesn't care then it doesn't matter, it's his car. But it sounds like he does care, so we were simply offering the requested opinions.

On that note, maybe I could put a twin turbo badge on my '71 since it has a "Turbo-Fire" 350ci and Turbo 350 trans? It's technically not wrong. LOL.
Well lets just agree to disagree.I think it is very general. There are hundreds of marketing items that use lsx to denote the ls series engine. They probably have no idea about the actual crate engines which almost nobody has heard about.

And obviously he cares. Im just saying he shouldnt care that much because nobody outside this forum will care or even notice. But again if he wants to spend even more money so that people online dont get mad, then thats his choice too.
Old 09-26-2017, 06:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well lets just agree to disagree.I think it is very general. There are hundreds of marketing items that use lsx to denote the ls series engine. They probably have no idea about the actual crate engines which almost nobody has heard about.

And obviously he cares. Im just saying he shouldnt care that much because nobody outside this forum will care or even notice. But again if he wants to spend even more money so that people online dont get mad, then thats his choice too.
Gotta agree. OP you do you, it sounds like you're a fan of the badge and your buddy put a seed of doubt in your mind making you seem like a poser. We're all different and are gonna want different things for our cars.

Quick Reply: Dumb question