Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

NEED IDEAS!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2003, 12:38 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED IDEAS!

There are 2 clubs here in Germany that put on events every month from APR - OCT. They run an Auto-X and 1/4 mile. 90% of the cars do just the 1/4. About 75% of the cars are F-bodies and other American muscle. They are open to suggestions to make the events more interesting to get more racers out there. The Events are held on an old American Air Force base. I've been kicking around the idea of a 3 event race (auto-x, 1/4, & 0 to 100 to 0) where you get x # of points per event to determine a "King of the Hill". Any suggestions would be VERY helpful.
Thanks!!
Old 10-21-2003, 03:53 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: NEED IDEAS!

One of the car magazines sponsors an event like that; I'll have to dig out that issue. They also gave points on the craftsmanship and driveabilty of the car. This type of competition is interesting because it is much harder to build a car that is competive in more than one area, plus has good driveabilty on the street as well as good looks. But hey, isn't that what we all want?
Old 10-22-2003, 06:05 AM
Staging Lane

CAL,
Thanks for the response. I kicking around the idea of a braking event but the driveability is a good option also.
Old 10-22-2003, 08:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For a couple of years there was a local group who put on a "Triathlon".

It was a 2 day event.

Day one, morning, consisted of time trials at a local drag strip. Each car had to make a minimum of 5 passes and the best 3 timeslips turned in were averaged. Places 1 through 10 were awarded points.

That afternoon, the drivers had to DRIVE these cars about 60 miles to another location and compete in an autocross. Again, a minimum of 5 runs and the top 3 time slips were averaged and places 1 through 10 recieved points.

Day 2 consisted of time trials at a local road course. You had only 2 oppurtunities and your best time was used.

Points were totaled and the winners were announced.

Simple rules:
No tire changes allowed. They had to be DOT legal tires.
Every car had to be licensed and inspected.
Every car had to be driven to the events. You could trailer it from home. But once unloaded, it couldn't be reloaded till you were done.
2 classes ... cars who's MSRP was over $30K and those that were under $30K
Old 10-26-2003, 05:33 AM
roy
TECH Resident

1/4 mile
autocross
road course
brake course
skidpad
Old 10-27-2003, 10:05 AM
Staging Lane

Roy,
Glad to see your here!! Do you think we could do all that in a weekend and at Bitburg?? I know the road course would have to be Nurnberg Ring or Hockenhiem Ring. If we could pull that oof that would be AWESOME!!
Old 10-28-2003, 03:01 AM
roy
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 01firechicken
Roy,
Glad to see your here!! Do you think we could do all that in a weekend and at Bitburg?? I know the road course would have to be Nurnberg Ring or Hockenhiem Ring. If we could pull that oof that would be AWESOME!!
Val
Actually they had the road course at Bitburg . it was a few years back . It was called the festival of Speed. It involved the 1/4 mile autocross and a road course on the runway and flight line. it was a blast . I palced 4th in autox and 10th in the road course. But due to alcohol and a couple of incidents it was banned from Bitburg.

Quick Reply: NEED IDEAS!