Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

help setting up da qa1's

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 10:15 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default help setting up da qa1's

I have a 01 t/a with full spohn suspenion on it. (look at sig) The car makes 430rwhp with an iron block 6.0. The car is still a daily driver and has susp. tech. front and rear sway bars with 325# qa1 srings and the double adjustable shocks in the front. I am going to change the rear springs soon because they are the summit brand and bilistein rear shock. Goin to change to qa1's but don't know what springs.

My main questions are: What rear springs should I run? What should I run the shocks at.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:31 PM
Launching!

well this sounds kind of like a drag race question, so you might have better luck posting in that section
Old 08-15-2009, 04:51 PM
Staging Lane

Car does go to the drags now and then. But most of all its a daily driver. I have done the susp. tring to keep in mind the car does and has been at thunder hill road course for grip and drift events. That is way the car has double adjustable shocks on it. Most of the drag racers use the singals. Right now as we speak the shocks are set at 12 rebound and 12 compersion. They are 24 ways and the vette guys around here use qa1's on there cars. It is just not far to compare vettes to f-bodies. That is way I am here asking people if anyone is running these shocks on there car. And if anyone has ideas on setting it up from here.

In the near future the car is about to get some custom made wheels for it, do to the fact the car has c6z06 brakes on it. I am looking at 19x10's up front and 19x12's so I can run 295/30's and 345/30's. People say that is crazy. Yes it is but the car is going to get a 408 when the engine goes and that will make right around 500 ft pounds of torque. That is way the big tires.
And the rear is about to get redone after the now year with a limited-slip carrier and a cage is surely short after.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by stock01ws6
Car does go to the drags now and then. But most of all its a daily driver. I have done the susp. tring to keep in mind the car does and has been at thunder hill road course for grip and drift events. That is way the car has double adjustable shocks on it. Most of the drag racers use the singals. Right now as we speak the shocks are set at 12 rebound and 12 compersion. They are 24 ways and the vette guys around here use qa1's on there cars. It is just not far to compare vettes to f-bodies. That is way I am here asking people if anyone is running these shocks on there car. And if anyone has ideas on setting it up from here.

In the near future the car is about to get some custom made wheels for it, do to the fact the car has c6z06 brakes on it. I am looking at 19x10's up front and 19x12's so I can run 295/30's and 345/30's. People say that is crazy. Yes it is but the car is going to get a 408 when the engine goes and that will make right around 500 ft pounds of torque. That is way the big tires.
And the rear is about to get redone after the now year with a limited-slip carrier and a cage is surely short after.
The confusion here is the fact that QA1s (double adjustable or not) are made for drag racing, even though they are advertised as being able to do it all. I doubt you'll find setup information for road racing for QA1s because all the road races/auto-xers use konis, penskies, and bilstiens. You may want to search around for setups because judging by your sig you are setup for drag, not handling.