Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

Auto x in eldersburg MD Impressed a few Porsche guys in my cammed camaro

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 05:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Auto x in eldersburg MD Impressed a few Porsche guys in my cammed camaro

Went to an auto cross event that was held at the police training facility last saturday morning. It was a SCCA Porsche club event so i stuck out like a sore thumb in my 1995 1le. Everyone was running 100-107 seconds with the exception of the turbo 911's and other few cars with racing slicks running 95's and higher 90's. I'd say the average car there ran around a 103second run.

Starting in the first session of the day My first run blew but by the 4th run I had a 101.3 down with a couple of hickups to iron out still. My car is basicly a stock 1le suspension except the addition of koni 4/4's and fresh 275 bfg's all around.

It was funny because my 408 lopes hard and sounds like a drag only car.(expecialy when i opened the dual y pipe cutouts!) My friend watching overheard the porsche guys saying things like "lol he thinks all that power is gonna make him faster and it cant even handle" as i ran my car, then he heard "what time did he get again? 101? wow" haha suprised a few people and helped fight a stereotype that camaro's handle like boats!

I backed up their suprise by saying things like "not bad for a drag car" lol you should have seen their expressions
Old 07-12-2010, 06:31 PM
ZV8
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL awesome job man. Did you get any pics?

Quick Reply: Auto x in eldersburg MD Impressed a few Porsche guys in my cammed camaro