Road Racing Road Course | Autocross

k-member??

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 07:03 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default k-member??

i know this has been asked before, but who makes the stongest k- member besides stock?? i know the usualls: spohn,umi,bmr, anyone else ? it just seems the point of connection at the frame horns leaves something to be desired. [the six large bolts.] i have a header issue with the passenger side . its tight to thebottom of stock k-member . i like the room of aftermarket but fear the strength. it a daily driver,but i want to chase the little orange cones this coming summer. i was thinking of cutting a section out and re welding the small section thats the issue but dont want to compromise the integrityofthe stock part any of you pro's have your input?? thanks ahead of time.. the oldman....
Old 12-04-2011, 10:19 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UMI has a road race version with stiffening bars added. That's the only way I would go if I where getting away from the stock k-member. There's no issue boxing out the stock k-member just make sure the job is done well. While you're at it run a few more beads of weld around the rest of the k-member to sure it up. Some guys have cracked the factory welds after a lot of abuse. If you're going to take it out anyways to box it for clearance, might as well do it then.